Hey everybody! It's been sort of a busy month for me. I was supposed to move to Alberta but my dad and I sort of got into this fight and now I'm staying here and living with my mom and her boyfriend (who was a chef and has 20 years experience in restaraunts). My mom knows about my phobia and understands why I'm so cautious about eating questionable food but they both are convinced that cutting the mold off the food (such as a tomato) makes it okay to eat. They do this with everything, where as I'm ready to throw it out the second I see anything funky looking on the fruits and vegetables.

So I was wondering, using the recent example with the tomato, would you take the chance?

Her boyfriend is a great cook and I'd sure hate to offend him by always refusing anything he cooks. It appeared like mold on top of the tomoto and he cut it off and the rest of the tomato looks fine so I just wanted to be sure. I've been taking a lot of chances with food ever since I moved in and it's resulted in a few panic attacks, but I think it's one step forward to getting rid of this emet.