Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay here's the story. Last night my sister was in A LOT of pain because of her back and due to a UTI. She didn't know she had a UTI but because she was in so much pain my parents took her to the hospital. So they gave her pain meds for her back and medication for her UTI. This morning I got up after my dad woke me and went downstairs. My sister had just taken a pain pill but she was in so much pain she started to throw up.

My dad, knowing my Emet, stopped me before I could get into the TV room where my sister was vomiting. He said, "She's throwing up in there so if you can't handle it you better go back upstairs." I said okay, stood there for another moment and then calmly walked back upstairs. I mean I didn't even FREAK OUT! It was weird cause usually when I know that someone is sick in the house I freak out and run away screaming and crying...but not today. When I came back downstairs he was holding a bucket with her puke in it and walked past me and all I did was turn my head away and saw Ewww softly but I didn't freak out!

So then I went out with my dad to look at Apartments. When we came back my sister was still on the couch, the bucket was clean and sitting by the garage door. Then I started to do something I have NEVER DONE BEFORE in MY LIFE when someone was sick. I went to my sister and I asked her if she needed anything before I went down in the basement to watch TV. I would have watched TV upstairs but she wanted to sleep and I didn't want to disturb her. So anyway she asked me to get her a rice cake with peanut butter on it and to get her pain pills. So I got her food and handed it to her. I unscrewed her bottle of water and she was too weak to do stuff so I actually TOOK OUT a pain pill and PUT IT ON HER TONGUE! Then she asked for the bucket again and I picked it up and brought it over to her...I mean I didn't think twice about it!! WOW!

Okay so anyway I know that her vomiting was NOT because of a stomach virus but she still did it and it still sort of bothered me, but I got over it enough to actually HELP her! This is an AMAZING Triumph for me and I just had to share with you guys!

~MonicaEdited by: samara's on tv
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

well done !!!

hope she feels better soon x

Good for you! Yay!

Amazing achivement, Monica! Well done!

Yeah, well done, it's these little steps that we find the courage to takewhich mean we have a chance of beating this. You should be proud of yourself!

well done monica, that was fantastic, I cant imagine ever being in a position where I could do this.

You should feel very proud ofyourself!!!

Laney xxx

Good job!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Yea for you!! I say just take one step at a time. You definitely made a BIG one, plue you were able to be there for your sister and if she knows how you feel about V*, i'm sure she is proud of you as well. Good Job!!

good job!
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"