Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anxious!

Argh im worried about the next two days because I have to take part in Psychology coursework.

We'll each be partnered with people we dont know to "encourage mixing of the group" and we'll have to go all over town collecting information. This is gonna be bad. Working with someone who doesnt know about my emet, and having to go all over the town, probably by bus. I hate them! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Omg iv been worrying about it all weekend. What if i hav a panic attack with them? Or get ill and I cant get home? Nooo!

I thought i was dealing with it, but now im totally freakin out. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I'm not gonna get any sleep tonight. Argh and I was doing so so well! More bloody tests from fate!

Ahh well, i have to do this, not only to help myself but becuz its a vital part of my A2 course. Wish me luck guys! I'm gonna make myself do it!

Rachel xxx

WOW!!. Well I wish I had a miracle cure for you.Or take it from you for one day so you could have a fear free day. I am not sure what you would take there as an anti emetic but when I feel desperate I take one the night before. I go to sleep and have a wonderful rest then I take another in the morning. Because I already got the sleepy effect the night before I won't during the day.
    If you mayby tell your partner that you are uneasy on busses most people understand that better without you having to go into the whole Emet thing if you don't want to.
    Pack yourself a little security pack if that helps. "mints, gum, pepto (ro something like Gaviscon or Tums), Ginger ale or water, crackers, Gravol, something for a headache, a little bag (if you are worried about not having somewhere to "to the deed") ANYTHING that will ease your mind about being away from home and stuff that makes you feel better.
    The above is what I USE to have to carry anywhere that was new, I would panick if I didn't have it. 95% of the time I never took or used any of what I took but I felt better when I had them.
    It is best NOT to get into the habit as 99.9% nothing will happen at all. I am sure that you will do awsome. If you can busy your mind talking to your partner and your studies I am sure you will be awsome.
    I am not sure I have been any support to you at all. I hope that you are able to do your project and have a safe and fun trip.
    Big hugs and best of luck
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Wow, I think Melikasa's idea about the little security
    bag is a really good one. When I had to ride the bus to school, I used
    to carry a trash bag folded up in my purse because I was so afraid of
    vomiting in public. It made me feel more secure, like I had a backup
    plan just in case.

I think you're gonna be fine. You'll be so busy you won't even have time to panic. Keep us updated on how it goes- good luck!

</font>

Rachel.... you know inside that u will be ok. somewhere im sure udo. just because ur out somewhere, with someone new, doesnt mean thers more of a chance ur gnna be ill.

try and engage urself in what u r doing ... maybe if u feel lke negative thoughts start coming on like "im startin to feel a bit ill, what do i do?" u jsut need to try cut that out of ur mind STRAIGHT AWAY&gt;.. maybe have a deep psychological discussion with ur partner or smthing!!! or even just tlking about what she does at weekends!! lol.... whatever.... just smthing to distract urself.

if this is usually wot u do, carry mints, water.. whatever will make u feel comfortable.

good luck

Jen xxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys, I done it! One day down and one to go. I was fine... at first i was a bit nervous but I soon got into the work and had stuff to eat which distracted me. All in all i had a good day, me and my partner worked with a couple of other pairs which was fun. We all had a laugh and enjoyed ourselves.

I got home and done a little victory dance becuz I was so happy that I done it. lol. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Now I have to do the same thing 2moro for different results. But I am not worried at all, im looking forward to it! As bigheaded as it sounds, im really proud that i pushed thru that and made myself, becuz i was really worked up last night and my parents honestly thought i wouldnt be in a fit state to go lol... oops.

Thank u so much for ur support and advice,i really cant explain how much i appreciate it. U r all so wonderful.

Rachel xxx

glad you made it rachel... it doesnt sound big-headed at all... its very strong of you to pull urself thru that... glad it went well.

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh for sure you accomplished a big thing. Its awsome. I will do a little dance for you as well. LOL.
    I am glad that you are excited about tomorrow as well. it will make the trip that much better, Big hugs.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

well done!! I'm so glad it went well, what research are you doing?

Day two is over, yes!! I got thru it fine!

Izzy: My research was on Anti-social and Pro-social behaviour!

Rachel xxx

[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]