Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey, well last night i sat up in bed, and all of a sudden started crying, thinking what the hell am i doing? why do i have to go through this everyday, because a stupid voice inside is telling me to do stuff, i don't want to do. As you know i have trouble with eating and i try and starve myself somedays and other days just eat bread, but i relised how i can't go on much longer and if i've had the will power to some days live on under 100 calories, i have the will power to recover from this eating disorder. So today im going to start with a bowl of cereal, but i plan to have something cooked for lunch, im just trying to think what foods would be good to start with, so what im asking, is does anyone have any idea's with what cooked foods to have to begin with, that won't be to heavy? Thank you if you can help.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are being very brave, well done. I do not really know what foods to suggest as I have never really had a problem with eating, unless you count eating too much chocolate! If my children have been ill , I usually give them pasta once they are feeling better as it is bland and not too heavy. I hope everything goes well for you. Be strong.

Hey, thank you!. Yeah pasta is light, that could be a good idea, thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], well i ate my cereal so thats one meal down lol.

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well done and keep up the good work. I know it will be hard for you, but you can do it!

Thank you very much[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] your support really helps.

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

things like cup of soups etc are good ..... thats what i have sometimes .....

plain bolied rice

anything like that just small amounts to start with

Maybe some rice and vegetables? As mentioned, pasta is good, too.

Hey, thank you for the replys and idea's, im writing them all down, then going to work out a food plan to stick with. Thanks again [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Mashed potatos...rice...soup....pudding....i hope that you will continue to get better...i have never suffered from an eating disorder..but can only imagine what you must be going through...i have read many of your posts and felt so bad for you. i hope you know that your life is important..and you are worth taking care of yourself.....stay strong and we are here for you when you need us[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hey, awww thank you so much. I think the recovery of eating disorders are going to be very hard, but then you have to think its either going through the pain now, or waiting untill its to late. Thank you for your support and food idea's[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] All those foods sound nice and there all light to, so thank you!. Also if anyone knows, how long does it take for food to go out of the stomach? i remember my physciatrist saying to me, if i ate something, then after 6 hours i had my stomach pumped, nothing would come up[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]? would all food have passed through within 12 hours? so if you v* like after 12 hours after eating something like toast or cereal, nothing would come up? thanks ifyone knows[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I think 6 hours is probably right and they always use 12 in the hospital to be sure.

You wouldn't want to vomit on an empty stomach anyway - it's painful and awful. Better to have something light in there.

I would suggest getting a supply of Boost or Ensure to keep at home and drink that - it's so easily digestible they tube feed it to people in the hospital and you can live on nothing but that for like 10 years so it's very nutritious.

Rice and cottage cheese are highly digestible foods, and supply both protein and carbs and calories. Cottage cheese has enzymes in it that make it what they call "pre-digested", so it empties from your stomach and breaks down really quickly.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Hey sage thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Yeah i know its worse to v* on an empty stomach as you bring either noting, or acid up and its hell. I have some fortisip nutrition drinks my doctor gave me, they want me to have at least 4-6 a day to get some goodness inside me, but my diet consists of cereal and toast right now, which isn't giving me everything i need, but i have my cereal at about 8.30am in the morning, so by the time i go to bed at 1am the next morning it would have all gone down?? but i eat things like toast in the afternoon, as im not so scared about having that in my stomach..Thank you for the selection of foods to[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], i'll add these in to a diet plan.

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!