Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

There have been a couple of people with the sv at work and my husband just told me that there have been a few people at his work with it too. Ugh. I thought sv season was over! It's May! I don't know about the people at his work, but at mine it has been really nasty - one girl was really sick for 2 days and it took her another 2-3 days to fully recover. Another guy started on Friday and he was still out sick today (Monday) so that's a good 3-4 days. Whatever happened to the 24 hour bug? Why is this one so nasty? I don't think I would panic as much if I knew it would be one or two times of v* and that's it, but both of the people I work with had LOTS of v* - to the point of dry heaves afterwards because there was nothing left. Please don't let me catch it!

I think the amount of times you v* is to do with the person themself. When my husband has a sv he is soooo sick and throws up nearly every half and hour for a good 12 hours. If I catch the same bug, then I am only sick once, maybe twice and that's it.Us emets have strong stomachs...lol

Try not to worry about it... and I know easier said that done because my husband has something at the moment and I'm freaking out.

Silly- what state are you in?

I'm in CO. This is the first I have heard of anything all winter! Really, I can't remember anyone getting an sv all winter and just when I think it's over, BAM!! It hits here! I really don't know how much more of this I can handle. I am afraid to go anywhere - work, out to eat, shopping, anywhere! But I know I shouldn't stay all couped up in the house either - that isn't going to help me. I just hope this is just a little spurt and it will all die down again. Hopefully no one else at my work will get it. Since everyone was off this weekend and the sick guy didn't come in today, maybe it helped control the spread. I cannot wait until my maternity leave!

Hi Sillygirl...i know how you feel..same thing here my hubby and some coworkers and their kids have had sv's that lasted 3-5 days also...obviously the viruses are stronger now......but the people that catch these sv's don't think twice about getting sick, like we do, their just not careful as us....and they contract it from their kids or other family members, they share food at work without washing their hands..etc....but you haven't been in any these situations really....i'm sure you'll be fine....please try not to worry too much...remember you need to relax as much as possible when you are pregnant...stress and anxiety is not too good....hang in there..this will all be over soon!
    ~Sheri~

Hey SG, when I was working at my last place everyone started coming down with the SV, at least 2 people a day were getting sent home sick. One guy threw up I overheard another woman saying she thought she was healthy but had been ill etc etc. I wasn't always careful at times. It's hard to be careful everyday for 2 months. But I didn't catch it the whole time I was there and nearly everyone did because they all brought food out, ate at their desks, touched food without washing their hands etc etc. It was kinda gross. Plus a lot of the sick people actually shared a communal kitchen (utensils etc) just b/c something is "going around" doesn't mean you will catch it.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

As for sv season, remember it never really goes away, it's just at it's worst from September through April.

Just remmeber to wash your hands and keep your immune system high with vitamins.

If you practice good hygiene like hippy says you will be just fine.
    Remember it's not airborne. You can go anywhere you want.