Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was wondering do any of you get this like bunched up bit of skin right up against your fingernail? This may sound odd, but I get this and it makes it real uncomfortable if my nails are too short (its like extra sensitive) and I marvel at how some people have such short nails and it doesn't bother them. Have you been able to get past this? I just trimmed my nails real short in hopes that maybe if I keep keeping them real short my fingers will just get used to the sensation and I'll be able to have them shorter. I usually have longer nails because of this, and even when I trim them its not real short.

My mom used to get those---WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY ANYWAY???

I haven't gotten them, but my naiks are very long! I swear, they grow, and grow.....and grow!!!

But seriously, what are they? I know if she clipped one while clipping her nails, it would hurt her.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yeah I don't know what its called. Its just a little bunch of skin and yea it hurts if you clip it too much. Argh. Maybe if I keep them real short they'll go away! I've always had this. I wish I knew what its called! Lol "bunch-of-skin-itis"?

By the way, you said she used to. Did she do anything to get rid of it, or did it just go away or something on its own? Edited by: Galadriel

I thought that was a hangnail, but not sure.

Nope its not a hangnail, thats on the side of the nail. Im just talking about a little ridge of skin right under the white part of the fingernail.

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about, but I'm a massage therapist, and I have to have my nails super short. No whites of the nails are allowed. Your finger tips will be super sensitive for a while, but eventually the sensation goes away.

Yeah maybe thats more it, they do feel real sensitive right now, and I was hoping that feeling would go away. How long did it take your nails to get used to being real short?

Quite a while, probably a few months.