Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So my husband has pretty much recovered from his nasty sv..finally!....anyways, i've been in a panic that one of my kids, particularly my 8 year old daughter is going to catch this thing from him....today i kind of started to relax...and then she comes home from school and tells me a friend in her class went home this morning...she was crying and said her stomach and her head hurt...i'm sure ti's the start of an sv!!...it's going around a lot here and also it's got to be that because i never hear of kids with colds anymore!!....it's now May and this s**t is still going strong....i can't stop worrying my daughter will get this...she hasn't been sick in over 2 years...do you think her time is up?....how do you mother's cope?....instead of worrying about the what if's...i would love to be able to just deal with it when it happens, know what I mean?...thanks for listening
    ~Sheri~

I just don't know. My daughter just had it - ugh! Where are you located?

My son is 8 also and his last sv was over 2 years ago. He has been exposed many many times over the last few years and never seems to get it.... touch wood (my husband is sick at the moment).

I think that when they are little they seem to get everything as it is the only way for their immunity to build up. My 2 yr old gets absolutely everything!! The 8yr old just seems to sail on by.

Try not to worry. If your daughter does get sick then at least she is 8 so more able to tell you where she doesn't feel well and more of a chance that she won't make a mess as she would be alittle more independent.

Fingers crossed. I know how you feel.