Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Not sure if this is a mad question or not!!! But wondering if you can catch a sv through broken skin???

Can the germs get into your blood stream or whatever through a cut or does it literally have to go into your digestive system through your mouth (just typed that and realised NO - cos you can pass it through your eyes...)

I guess the answer to my question is yes then......?

I'm not so sure, but I wonder this, too. The eyes are a mucous membrane, and I believe some eye fluid drains to your throat, like your nose does. (someone correct me if this is wrong)
    I think it would probably have to be a deep cut.

Quote Originally Posted by willow2

Not sure if this is a mad question or not!!! But wondering if you can catch a sv through broken skin???

Can the germs get into your blood stream or whatever through a cut or does it literally have to go into your digestive system through your mouth (just typed that and realised NO - cos you can pass it through your eyes...)

I guess the answer to my question is yes then......?
    Oooh! Good question! Maybe add this one to Sage's list of questions to give her son-in-law?

I've been wondering that too! One way I deal with emet is too occasionally self injure (though I rarely do that), but I was wondering if that was making my likelihood of getting sick greater... because the sickness could get through the cuts...