Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Hi everyone, i've just registered. I'm 16 and have suffered with a fear of being sick for 10 years. I just wanted to let people know that I have been using EFT (emotional freedem technique) on my phobia recently and it really has seemed to help. It hasn't cured my phobia or anything it's just I was getting to the point where 24 hours a day it was the only thing on my mind and it has made a dramatic improvement. I just wanted to tell people as I know it can help as I was so pesismistic about it as i have tried everyting-hynosis, exposure therapy, counselling etc etc. something else happened to me recently which strangely enough helped aswell. I was round at my boyfriends house who I have been with for 3 years (he has absaloutley no idea about my phobia) he had been out drinking the night before so I was wary around him anyway, I asked him if he felt ill and he assured me he didn't then about 10 minutes later he just sat up, leant out of the window and was sick. I ran out the room!! about 5 seconds later when he'd finished he just strolled out-calm as anything and said "better out than in i suppose!" and carried on watching T.V. like nothing had happened! I made an excuse and went home, when i got home and had stopped panicking I thought about it and it actually made me feel better. His whole attitude towards vomiting and his total calmness was really refreshing! It made me more determined to one day be like that. I just thought i'd let you all know aswell about anti-emet tablets. I don't know if anyone takes them. I use motillium 10 (domperidone) and I researched them and found an article saying they can be used for the short term treatment of nausea and vomiting from any cause. I also asked my doctor and he said they would definetly work on a general stomach bug/virus so the only symptoms you would experience would be possibly diareha and generaly feeling waek, he told me stemtil are excactly the same aswell, so that has also put my mind at rest. hope I may have helped!! please reply as I have been registered with another site for about 3 weeks now and no-one has replied to any of my posts!! thanks, eivissa x x x x[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hey! welcome to the site. Thats really good about the EFT and im glad its helped a bit[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], and about your boyfriend, it would be great to be able to look at things in that way one day. Thank you about the info on the tablets also, i have stemetil one's and got told they would stop you being sick in a virus/bug or food poisoning, but i havn't used them yet as i would only if i was that bad. I hope you enjoy your time at the site, everyone is lovely here and have really helped me. Take care.

Ruth.

Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for replying! how old are you? I don't take the tablets all the time either it's just great knowing that i've got em if it ever happened. I always used to think that if i got tablets that stopped me being sick i wouldn't fear it anymore but I still fear it a bit!! It's stupid int it!!??

Hi Eivissa. Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of great support here, when we aren't all discussing a hot political topic. I've never used motillium 10 tablets before, I hope they help you.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Hey[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]no problem. Im 17 years old. Yeah it helps knowing you have them, for like a safety net, but i know the fear dosn't go away, and yep it is stupid lol, but i feel more at ease now i have tablets though.

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

Eivissa,

Welcome to the site! Where do you learn EFT? Is it a self-help thing or do you need a psychologist? I'd like to try.

Hey Eivissa! Welcome to the site and thanks for thosesuggestions!

My boyfriend was also told recently that EFT /tapping is good for our phobia.. i'm going for CBT (GEEZ so many abbreviations going on!) at the moment so gonna see how that goes first. I'm DREADING the exposure bit, gonna wean myself into it by doing the exposure pics/vids on the TREATMENTS link first. Gross.

By the way, do you watch HollyOaks? Your name is similar to the name of the Health and Beauty bar that Sophie and Mel work at! (The name of that is Evissa - which is supposed to mean Ibiza!).

Just thought I would share that random info. lol. [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Hiya, It's really a self help technique although you can find EFT practioners. I bought a book from amazon which tells you step by step how to do it and you can use it on anything! thats the best bit! the book also mentions emetophobia, it's one of the phobia's on the list that EFT can help. I also went to see a practioner but i wouldn't recommend it-not because it wasn't any good just because they went through it with me excactly how I did it myself so there was no point! yhe books called emotional healing in minutes by valerie and paul lynch and I say it was the best one. EFT claims to help eliminate the problem within a few minutes but depending on the lenght and depth of the phobia can take longer which I think has happened in my case.

Yeh I know!! I do watch hollyoaks!! LOL!! I was born In ibiza so thats why I chose it! I have done exposure therapy and it did help abit! so good luck i think it's just different things work for different people isn't it! I know you might hate me for telling you this but there is a website you can go on which i used to use during my exposure therapy which is just pictures of people bein sick! (i know uurrgghh!!) it called ratemyvomit.com but just be warned very graphic abd disguisting! so if people aren't sure there up to it trust me don't go on it!!

Oh wow cool! Lucky you, being born in Ibiza!

Thanks for telling me about that vomit site.. I might wait till my boyfriend is back on the weekend so that he is here when I look and he can tell me how bad they are before I look at them!

Where in the UK are you by the way?

Manchester, where do you live? yeh it probably would be best for someone else to be there as they are pretty bad!!

I'm in London!

Thanks..i'll wait till the weekend then!

By the way - is there sound or just pics? [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

What is the title of the book about EFT?

Don't worry just pics! but just to let you know at the top is a ratings barr and to view all the pics on the site you have to rate each one on hoe gross it is from 1 to 10 once you've done that the next one will appear. on the left hand side of the screen there is 10 pics to click on- there rated the worst on the site! so look at them last i'd suggest!! good luck!! x x

"Emotional healing in minutes" by Valerie and Paul Lynch. I really do recommend it!

Thanks! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]