Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So as most of you know, I am exteremely bothered by animal v****...or I was.Well, today, I heard my dog making this gagging sound. I was in the kitchen, and he was in the living room. I knew what had just happened, without a doubt in my mind, and I inched closerto where he was. And I saw 'it'. I didn't run or panic like I would've done a couple of months ago. I just looked disgusted (like anybody would've, emet or non-emet) and said: "Mom! Jessie th**w up! The one bad thing was that I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It was just there, and as gross as it was, I kept looking!!! It was like I HAD to look!! [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]How gross, huh??

Anyway, the point is that I am a lot better with this whole thingthan I ever was before. A few months ago if this had happened, I would'vetotally freaked, screamingat the top of my lungsand not been able to be in the same room or step on the same spot!! But a while after it happened and it was cleaned up, I went back in the room, and later at night, I even sat down and ate there!!! So, this is definetly a small improvement that I thought I would share with you guys. I guess maybe Jessie's being sick all those times months before really was exposure therapy! Anyway, thanks for listening!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow! I'm really proud of you! See, if you really do
    decide to become a teacher someday, you'll be just fine if you ever see
    a sick kid!</font>

Thank you Mica!!!! I hope I'll be just as calm if this ever happens in the classroom!!! I don't know if I'll be able to handle it like you did those times you told me about, but maybe like with this, gradual exposure therapy will make it easier!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow, that's really great that you didn't freak out at all! I remember
    when I was little, I would flip out if my dog threw up... I still don't
    like it, but I'm not as bothered with it anymore.

Animals throwing up isn't as bad as humans, since most animals, their
    heads are near the ground, and you don't really see the vomit coming
    out.

-Anna

Wow! Go Neha!
    Margaret

*Even a thousand-miles journey starts with a first step*

Hey Neha!!

Thats great!! Im glad its seeming to get better for you! That definately is an improvement, and you should be proud! One of my dogs did the deed yesterday, and I heard it and was kinda disgusted, but it didnt really bother me! I kinda acted like you did, but I didnt see it tho. Way to go Neha!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Neha, That is awesome!! Good for you!!!!! What a huge triumph, esp. going back in there where he'd done it and sitting and eating!!! Way to go, girl!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

heya Neha [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

great to hear ur anxiety levels hav improved !!!!!! i think thats a big step!!

and i know wot u mean abut the ' not being able to tke ur eyes off it ' thing...... oh well, u stil handled it well!

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: