Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

*Not too graphic but not very pleasant!*

This weekend was a Bank Holiday weekend here, and every Bank Holiday the fairground comes to town. One of my friends went with some of his mates and told me about a girl they had seen there. He knows I hate fairs as whenever I've been to them there is always somebody v*ing that I catch sight of, same with Theme Parks. *Gross bit coming*He said they saw a girl eating a burger,who stopped briefly, threw up (still holding the burger!), then carried on eating her burger - ewwwww.... My friend and his mates said they thought it was so funny. He mentioned to them that it was a good job I wasn't there as I would have gone barmy...too right!

If only we could do the dreaded deed and be so unfazed by it, or indeed just see somebody doing it and not be bothered by it...
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

yeah but ther is lots of things that do not bother us like spiders heights etc etc my neighbour is terrifed of spiders and i can not really see the problem with them and can quite easily remove them for her yet they send her into a full on panic so i think we all have our fears it is just unfortunate that ours is something that is so life altering and restricting and something that you cannot really avoid especially with kids

Yeah thats true Lyndsayanne, my friend is afraid of scrumpled up tissues.. even if they're her own - she freaks and cries if you throw them at her.. she thinks they are absolutely vile. Another friend runs from birds, and will alter her WHOLE route to work, if there is a bird in the street she has to go down - madness hey!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

and they think we are crazy lol v*ing is something that no one likes and is a very horrible thing to go through i do not get the tissue one at all though i suppose at least you can avoid them unlike birds

Yeah, it's increible what some people fear! It can be themost bizarre thing - like crumpled up tissues - yet the level of fear is still the same. I'm sure everyone's seen some of those Phobia lists floating around the place: there are some really strange ones on there!

But yeah, Sarah - I feel your pain there! Why does it so often feel like we're being constantly followed by v*?! It's as if these people KNOW we're going to be there, lol! eg. today I was feeling on top of the world, up until the moment when a guy standing next to me said to his mate that he'd just gotten over a terrible stomach bug that's been going around! Why did I have to be there?! Of all the people that could've been listening in, lol!! I did NOT want to know!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

You are definitely right Angel, it seems to follow us around! Of all the places we can be it sometimes seems that we are always either within view of somebody being sickor within earshot of somebody talking about being sick. One week I was in three totally different places - with somebody v*ing in them all, and one was a fruit and veg shop of all places. Then the following weekI went to the dentist and two women in the dental surgery waiting room were going into graphic detail about their kids puking everywhere - just what you want to hear before you have a cavity fixed! My friend who knows about the emet, has noticed how it seems to haunt me at times and says it's a higher power trying to help by giving me forced exposure therapy, lol[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I cannot imagine!
    \"This too shall pass\"

We think it follows us because we are constantly paying attention to it. Think about all of the people talking around you everyday... what words do you light on? I know if I'm in a busy area with lots of people I "hear" all of the voices, but don't really comprehend what they are saying.. but if someone says "sick" or anything related to it, I immediatly clue in. We constantly hear people talking about it because those are the trigger words. Just like someone who is deathly afraid of spiders would seem to think spiders follow them... and actually my friend was talking about that last night. He is terrified of spiders, and swears that all of the spiders at my boat dockchase him, when no one else notices them... he's just paying more attention to them. I say spider and he starts looking around for them.

lol- I've actually done something similar....I made myself a really good dinner (for once- I don't often cook unless provoked), sat down and started eating......midway through I had to vomit (I was out in the sun allday so I'm assuming it was sunstroke- was a bit nauseous when I came in). I did the deed, came back in and had some water, then continued eating.

*shrug*- sometimes being sick isn't really a deterrent for me to stop eating!

*amber*

oh my gosh - you say that sooo calmly Amber!

I suppose it wasnt a delayed one that took forever to happen, and it was over quickly..

Yeah the tissue thing is weird - I feel sorry for her because when she has a cold she obviously uses tissues, but if she leaves one in her room or on her bed, and goes away and comes back, she can't touch it JUST IN CASE it isn't her tissue.

My other friend has a fear of one on one confrontation so she will NEVER ever discuss things with her husband that are bothering her, and she has to do a presentation at work soon, but she said she is so scared she would rather resign than have to do it. Her marriage is starting to suffer.. she also has a fear of gooey substances being near her - another disadvantage for her marriagesexually.

I agree with Tiffanator! We are ALWAYS tuned in to spot or hear triggers so that we can react accordingly. We have a radar that is permanently on I reckon!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

lol- I'm not scared of myself being sick Kimmy, just other people (yeah, I know it's weird). I'm also get sick more often then the average person due to motionsickness, weak stomach, and no immune system to speak of.

I've already vomitted three times this year....and it's been a good year for me illness-wise! BUT, I mostly get sick in the summer (I don't know why they call winter stomach-virus season, because if I catch one it will be in the summer), so let's see what happens.

*amber*

I remember being at a big fairground when I was about 15 (Im now 37)

I saw a girl come off a ride and vomit everywhere (it was a prettey grim ride) but ever since I cant go to a fairground and go on the rides cos I just panic. However I will STILL go to the fairground but just be boring and not participate!!!

Laney xx

My bf is afraid of touching his eye or having anyone else touch
    it. If he's got an eyelash or something that I'm trying to brush
    off he scrunches up his eyes really tight[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] and I go "COMMON!! RELAX YOUR EYE!!" but he can't!

My mom's friend is afraid of pennies. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

wargerbil, my boyfriend is the same way!!!! he needs glasses but he refuses to ever wear them so his doctor tried contacts. he warned the doctor that he has major issues with anything touching his eye but the doc assured him that he'd get used to them in no time. the doctor helped him put them in the first time and as he was leaving the doctors office, he got dizzy and n*, fainted, hit his face on the receptionist's desk, and broke his nose!! he needed reconstructive surgery on his nose and he had bruises under his eyes for a week. needless to say, he doesn't wear contacts anymore! but he still won't wear his glasses either. i hope his vision doesn't get any worse than it is or he won't be able to see anything.
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Oh Blondie - that is so awful about your boyfriend. I'm sure the people working in the office felt horrible. I can say as much as I hate vomit it's never made me pass out, shake and tremble yes, but never faint.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmyc24
    Yeah thats true Lyndsayanne, my friend is afraid of scrumpled up tissues.. even if they're her own - she freaks and cries if you throw them at her.. she thinks they are absolutely vile. Another friend runs from birds, and will alter her WHOLE route to work, if there is a bird in the street she has to go down - madness hey!
    haha I have the same thing about tissues! Only if they're used though, if someone blew their nose in them I hate them. My sister threw one at me after using it, I freaked out and started crying and took a long shower ^^'' though I think it's related to emet for me... but I still hate them. If someone is sick in a class I am in, I can't focus on the class, only on their tissues and they're blowing their nose...