Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just took two Excedrin chewable tablets for my headache before realizing that their expiration date was March of '06. Do you think they won't work now or something? March was only two months ago. It's annoying since they were in a brand new sealed box. I'm not concerned about getting sick from them, I just want my headache to go away- hehehe!
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

Nah...they will be fine....it's just they might not work as well...but that's only if they are like a year old or something....it only expired in March? Then they are fine...no worries.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

They should be fine-

My boyfriend is still taking acetominophen from a prescription that apparently expired in Dec 2005. Apparently they are usually conservative about the "use by" date, and for most you can actually still use them for a year after the date on the bottle. Some are can even be good for two years afterwards! (the things you learn...)

Of course this isn't true of all meds, but I'm sure an Excedrin that only expired two months ago is likely fine

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, apparently it's working because my head feels better and I have a caffiene buzz from the additives in it and am zooming all over the house doing things- haha. I love the fact that Excedrin contains caffiene. I don't drink soda anymore but I do miss that rush every once in a while. It really does seem to perk you up when you feel crummy because of pain.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I once took chewable Advil that was expired by more than a year! I didn't get sick, and they still helped with my headache.

I remember when I first started dating my boyfriend, both of his parents are doctors and they kept drugs well beyond there "use by date" and it freaked me out big time. But hey, they should know, I still follow the use by date thing, but they say its a marketing ploy to get people to buy more product...who knows.