I am almost positive I do have emet... I just fit the description so well... but I was wondering if maybe some of my other fears were phobias too. Well one in particular. I have a thing about weapons - espescially guns. I just cannot be around them. And when I talk about them, I either feel really scared and unsafe, or mad. My boyfriend will joke about weapons and guns, and I just get furious at him for taking the issue so lightly, as well as scared that he does. But I've always been scared of them. I remember being scared of being near cops when I was a kid because they carried guns, and I wouldn't (and still probably would not) go over to a friends house if I knew they or their parents owned guns, or went hunting. I remember making friends with this girl in jr high, but then learning she hunts and had a gun, and then deliberately distancing myself from her (so I wouldn't be in the situation of being invited over and having to make up excuses - I have my own moral objections to hunting anyway, but it was the fact that she/her familyowned a gun that really bothered me). Does this mean I have a phobia of guns and other weapons too, or that I'm just looking out for my well being? and, what's the difference between nerves and a fear. Are nerves the same? I get nervous when doing public speaking, but most of the time I love doing it anyway - it's a major adrenaline rush. So, basically I'm just wondering, where does one draw the line between nervousness, fears, and phobias?