Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, now i feel silly for asking this, but im really in a panic. Before a few months back, i got told i wasn't eating enough. Now my diet was:

a bowl of rice and tuna, then two slices of marmite toast, then 4 or 6 biscuits during the day. Or i would have 4 fish fingers in a sandwhich, then two slices of toast and 4 or 6 biscuits in a day.

Now then i was told i wasn't eating enough and i would be put in a ED unit. Does it sound like to much or a lot to you?? I used to get awfull stomach pains and bad d* a lot of the time, do you think that was because i was hungry and i wasn't getting enough food? Im really confused about it..please any thoughts would be really helpfull..

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Definately not enough!! You definately need to eat mor - you're digestive system isn't working cos there is nothing for it to work with!!

You need to eat more and pick caarefully what you will eat. Instead of biscuits eat whole grain products (breads, cereals, etc.). Do you eat white bread? Eat more fruit and vegetables, eat more substantial portions. i know it's hard but you need to help your body help you. I tend to eat a light breakfast and lunch and then a main meal at night, which isn't necessarily best either but that is part of how i deal with emet.

If you are having sandwiches, have salad in them, what do you drink during the day?

Roofus, babe, I'm not trying to pick on you here in anyway and I may sound a little blunt. If so I apologise in advance. I know you have some issues with your food, it seems to me that either a.) it's about more than emet (which I believe since you have talked about self harm before) or b.) not eating is now so ingrained in you, you don't know what healthy eating is.

You've posted quite a few times now asking us if what you eat is enough, and the answer is still no lol you've also posted asking if your calorie intake is enough and again the answer is no. I know you have been offered ED help by your Dr? Maybe you should take him up on that because whatever the reason the fact remains that on a day to day basis you are not eating enough food for your body to function. The reason you get D* is because you don't eat and so when you do your stomach just goes into overdrive because it has something to work on. Eating again after a period of not is going to cause stomach issues.

Try to set a routine. It can be really helpful for both you and your stomach to have a routine and know when food will be put into it. Try to eat a lot more fruit and vegetables. These are amazingly good for you and will give you so much more energy. That routine you described above is certainly good grounds for being in an ED unit.

I've been where you are babe, I've weighed a really scary amount and I've starved myself for fear of having anything at all in my stomach. It's a really hard battle to face and I would advise accepting all help that is offered to you, whereever it is coming from. You deserve to be well and healthy and happy.

Good luck
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey, thank you for the replies.

Willow2 - Yes i eat white bread, which i know probaly isn't helping, maybe wholegrain bread would be a better idea. And in the day i drink tea..and sometimes apple juice. Thank you for your advice.

Hippychick - Thanks for your reply and i don't think your picking at me in anyway[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] its your opnion, and its right lol. I think it is more to do then just emet, it is because i havn't eaten in so long, food is like all i think about and i put to much thought into it. Thanks for your advice about eating and stuff, yeah i think adding some fruit at least into my diet would be a good idea, as im only getting sugary junk into me. Thank you very much[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm more concerned that you aren't eating any fruit or vegetables. What
    that can do to your body over time isn't pretty. In addition to what you
    are eating, I would add in at least 4 fruits and vegetables. If you eat the
    exact same thing every day you are missing a lot of vital vitamins and
    minerals your body needs to process effectively.