Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do Meds Help?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 46.05%
  • No

4 5.26%
  • Not On Them

37 48.68%

Thread: Meds

well just thought id ask

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel that mine have helped but I'll be able to give a more "rounded" answer when I come off them as to whether they helped or not!

I did answer "yes" btw [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

I went for "No, not on them" - I'm nota big medication taker, even for headaches and things like that. But I think they most definitely would help =]
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

They can help as long as you don't abuse them or over use them.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I did not on them, because I have a thing against medication. I don't care if other people use them, but I feel that i might become dependent...i only use painkillers.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I picked no because like Anya, I have a thing against medications too. Only ifI'm really sick, will I take medication.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

The anti-depressants I take helped bring some normality back to my once very limited lifestyle, by helping with anxiety, panic attacks, depression and phobias. They have literally saved my life. So I answered 'yes'.

I do think it's important to try and seek alternative means out to medication of course, and I had spent years trying everything from cognitive therapy to hypnotherapy. It's obviously better if you don't have to rely on tablets, but I just look at it like a diabetic has to take insulin I have an illness (depression) which needs medication. I've tried coming off the meds of course, when I had nothing to worry about, nothing to be stressed or depressed about and was the most secure and happy in a relationship and other areas of my life I could be, but once the anti-depressants were out of my system I was so ill again with depression and anxiety.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Yes, but definatly not a long term solution. I use them just as a backup or something to get me out of a hard situation. But only if i start feeling really bad.
    (billy)

i think they help butr you need to know where to draw the line.

I put that I'm not on them, but I will be starting on Buspar soon. So far I've tried 2 anti-anxiety and didn't take them long enough to see if they helped because I hated the side effects. I did take an anti-depressant for post-partum and it helped tremendously. Felt like a new person.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

i use to take anti anxiety meds pretty frequent and they did seem to help, although now that im pregnant i dont take them...and i seem to be doing ok now that ms is over...well for the most part
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;