Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Big Triumph

I had a great day on Easter.

First, I was very anxious before church because I had been asked to stand up before all the people at church and tell what I believe and why I believe it.
    I am VERY terrified to speak in front of crowds and was afraid my emet would be greatly intensified. As it turns out, I did it and did not even feel nervous. THAT IS A MAJOR VICTORY!

Then, we had a buffet breakfast at church where everyone had brought food. I was able to eat (I mostly chose the food that I had brought or that I knew who it was made by).

Then, later, I had 10 people at my house for dinner. There was one child (8 years old) and I managed not to be too concerned that he would get sick.

For some reason, my nerves were really under control the whole day. The emet was lurking in the background, but it was not overwhelming.

Thanks for being here so I could tell people (people who know how major it is to have a day in the life of an emet go smoothly).
    Debbie

GO DEBBIE!!!!!

I'm SOOO happy to hear your day went so well!!!! I'm also very proud of you!!!!!!

Good going on ALL your manyMAJORtriumphs today!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Looks like the Easter bunny was good to you! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

way to go!!!!!!! i'm glad you could talk in front of your church without being nervous.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Wow! I think that is soooooo great! I did a publicdebating contest recently and there was this man in the audiencewho kept coughing, I was sure he was going to v*. Luckily he didn't but it completely threw me off and I couldn't concentrate properly. Many congratulations on not letting the Emet win! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

WAHEY! im glad to hear you had a good day!!

we can all beat this phobia cant we? put it on the shelf and let it watch us ALL hav a good day without it.... * my dream* lol

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: