Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone find that they have extreme food issues? not just pickiness in what you eat & how it's prepared, i mean, but for instance, i hate all things tomato. i find them incredibly disgusting & hate tomato sauce, ketchup, anything like that. yes, i eat pizza but if it has a lot of sauce on it i will scrape it off.ew, they give me the heebie jeebies.

i also do not eat ANY kind of condiments except barbeque sauce (which, yes i know has tomato base in it, but it's the one thing i tolerate) including salad dressings, etc. if i eat a chicken sandwich, i just want chicken, lettuce & maybe cheese. i've gotten to the point where i just tell people i'm allergic to mustard, etc because most restaurants can't seem to get it when i ask for my dinner without them or on the side, or whatever. (mayonaise especially is SO disgusting)

i basically like my food plain, ungarnished (although i LOVE garlic) & i hate vegetables cooked but i like most of them raw. i generally live on plain potato chips, toast, bagels, chocolate, etc. i have weird cravings at weird times of the day, like sunday morning my boyfriend came out into the kitchen & his mom & i were chatting, eating cheeseburgers (i don't eat anything on a cheeseburger except cheese)

i love cheese, yogurt & ice cream, but i hate milk, ricotta & cottage cheese. i love onion flavor but i don't like eating onions. i'll eat peanut butter on most things but i don't like peanuts.

the list goes on. i don't know where it comes from but no one else in my family has weird eating habits like i do. :P

I can not eat tomatoes either. The very thought of them makes me feel yucky. I can not even bare to touch a tomato. My husband keeps telling me how good they are for me but he cannot convince me to eat them. If I am served a dinner with tomato on the plate it puts me off the whole meal. I will not even buy them for my children as the thought of them sat in the fridge is too much.

I think I can honestly say I like most other foods, it is only tomato which I never eat. There is just something about them.

It's not so unusual, I have a friend who whenever she orders pizza from pizza hut she makes them make it without any sauce on. And my mum HATES butter with a passion, can't even see it without feeling sick and has to ask for all sandwiches without it lol she also hates most sauces, mayo etc. She thinks they're gross. But will eat almost anything else. Another friend of mine passionately hates cheese. Like seriously thinks it's the grossest thing on the planet.

Many people have extreme food quirks. I also get a craving for weird foods at weird times. I only eat ice cream in the winter (it's too sickening in the summer) and I love crisps for breakfast haha, but the other people I know who are the same are not emet at all, it's just who they are.

Oh and I HATE hot fruit, apple pies, pineapple on pizza. EW that's so gross. I'm ok with raisins but thats about all, and while I like tomato, I hate if you are eating pasta and it has big chunks of hot tomato. GrossEdited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

hahahaha i HATE hot fruit like pineapple pizza too! i like apple pie but i don't like blueberry or any other such pie. i love strawberries but hate strawberry-flavored things.

oh gosh the more i think about it, the weirder i sound hahahhaa

My mum hates all cherry flavoured things, a lot. The more I talk about it the weirder my mum sounds haha Strawberry flavoured things are usually gross and also FRUIT CREAMS! You know like in a box of chocolate the fruit ones? Gosh I think they are revolting. My little sister loves them though.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I hate hate HATE onions. If it's in something I am eating and I bite into one, my first reaction is to gag. The texture and taste is just so nasty. I also can't eat celery or peppers for the same reason.

LOL- I had an ex that had a pineapple phobia- he couldn't even look at one- or even a CAN of them. At the grocery store, they had a bunch of apples and bananas set up like a pineapple, and he had to look away.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hahahahahha that's fantastic

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

Chicken. It's the one thing I really freak out about... and mushrooms (eating fungi just doesn't make sense to me!!!)

I'm fine with other fruits and vegetables - tomatos, pineapple (hot or cold, fresh or tinned) etc.... Wierd, huh?

Seafood and anything with a creamy white sauce. Yuck. I don't even want to imagine seafood covered in white sauce. Horrifying!! I also won't eat eggs, I hate the way they smell and to me an omelette looks like vomit. Hamburgers & split pea soup are off the menu as well. I'm not a big fan of mushrooms either but I'll eat them if they are cut up small and in something else like a pasta sauce.

Dang, I love tomato....onion....mushrooms...i love most all foods...i think one thing i know i don't like is spinach...love collards though....i don't like turnips either.....i could eat onions all the time...raw or cooked....they are one of my favorite foods....especially done with butter and green peppers....umm so good. I love red pepper too. I don't eat beets either. I can't eat too many beans...the only beans i eat is green beans...the rest gag the heck out of me b/c of the texture of them. If i do eat pinto beans...it has to be with macaroni and cheese in the same bite...that's weird.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I don't eat celery, hard boiled eggs, crunchy noodles..bleeech. I HATE celery in every way possible, but love onions, weirdly enough.

Oh, and I hate all seafood but live on tuna fish..LOL.

Edited by: csjones
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

Hmmm well food i dislike..are currys, and things with a lot of colour in! im not to bad with tomato ketchup though..thats yummy. I have an obsession with honey toast!!, other foods i like are rice, tuna, pasta, fish fingers, waffles and mint choc chip ice cream..and ginger biscuits..
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

hahaha wanna kow something funny? most of the stuff i intensely dislike, like mayonaise? i've never eaten them. but i can look at it & smell it & know i'll hate it. tuna? NEVER EATEN IT, in my life. (mainly because of the mayonaise) i'll eat seafood, but i don't like lobster or shrimp...(i'm from maine, too, what a disgrace to my state)

i will try new foods, don't get me wrong, but there's just some stuff i know i won't be able to tolerate.

~ bethany

I hate seafood too. I can eat salmon, tunaand halibut, but any kind of "hard core" or fishy tasting seafood including shellfish is out of the question. For the past few years, I have made the effort to keep trying stuff, you know how your tastes change as you get older? I thought maybe I would grow to like seafood, but don't think i ever will. My husband and parents...everyone thinks I'm crazy cause I don't like shrimp...SICK!! Have you seen what those things look like when they are alive? UGH!! And sushi?? fishy taste TENFOLD.

I hate everyhting about seafood - the way the creatures look when they are alive, the texture, the smell, the taste...YUCK!
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I won't eat salmon, i remember my mum getting terrible food poisoning at work from it, people at her work leave food out all the time and they don't know how long its been there, she got it along with 3 other people and she was ill for 3 days with it and felt like abus had hit her[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] so i try and stay away from that. Mayonaise is nice![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] with pasta and tuna lol.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I love shrimp when it's small, fried and dipped in cocktail sauce! But, I tried a bite of a big one that was jus sauteed in butter and garlic and I literally spit it out, it grossed me out so much! It's like what you said, mjewell, the texture, the thought of it alive...eeewww!!!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I hate seafood, but I especially hate fish! Any kind, even if it alive swimming around in a tank......YUCK! That's fishy smell is what all seafood tastes like to me, and I can't get past it!
    ~Mandi~

Quote Originally Posted by dita
    I hate seafood, but I especially hate fish! Any kind, even if it alive swimming around in a tank......YUCK! That's fishy smell is what all seafood tastes like to me, and I can't get past it!

LOL, me too. My husband insists if I try good sushi it will not taste fishy, but his tasters must not be as good as mine because fish always tastes like fish.

Funny story - When i was about 12 I was snorkeling in Mexico. I only floated on the surfaace as I did not want contact with any creatures. my parents and everyone else were feeding the fish. I shudder to think of it. Anyway, here I am, floating along, keeping my distance from any sea creatures, when I felt something brush against my stomach. I look down and there is a HUGE potato cod swimming right under my stomach. I don't know if any of you guys have seen one of these things, but they are huge gray fish with neon blue lips. I about had a hard attack and didn't go back in the water for the rest of the day. Ugh.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Oh my gosh, mjewell! If that happened to me I would've not gone back in the water for a year! I love the beach, but even so, I will barely go in the ocean. Something about not being able to see what is swimming around me legs freaks me out! Haha
    ~Mandi~

Well I'm a strict vegetarian - I have to read ingredients lists, and ask at restraunts what certain food was cooked in, or next to, and what oil was used, and so on.. apparently I'm embarrassing to go out to eat with lol. And I hate beans, for no reason. Every time I've eaten them, they've tasted alright.. but I hate the way they look for some reason. Except for green beans, those are always fine to me.

I tried clams, but they almost made me gag...something about that nasty texture!! Any weird seafood gives me the hebbie jebbies too!! Anything in a shell, but I can do shrimp...Actually, not eating that type of fish is actual good as it is contaminated with all kinds of toxic chemicals now due to dumping, pollution, etc. (not just the chance of fp)...Just the shear number of toxins contained in those shells...yuck!!!

Has anyone ever had those strawberry lace's sweets??, i remember eating them once on a night i got a sv and i v* them up and now if i see them or even talking about them makes me feel sick, a few weeks back soneone was eating them in public and i heaved[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] because i hate them so much, ewwww lol.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

oh man, one time i v* after eating a little cup of those colored mini-marshmallows & now i can't even STAND the sight of them!

~ bethany

Cucumbers. They literally make me gag. Just because they're so water-y and don't taste like much of anything. Ugh. I don't know why they're so frickin gross. But I won't eat them.

And hotdogs are kind of gross too.. I'll eat them.. but after finishing about half I feel grody. They taste weird to me.

Cooked spinach is yucky but I always ate it anyway because my grandmother would make me. Ha. But it doesn't make me gag. Raw veggies are usually better.

I like most of the stuff everyone else has listed though. Love tomato. Love seafood. Love condiments. My boyfriend won't ever eat sauce on anything though.

I am a picky eater too! I HATE onions with a passion, I won't eat much seafood--I live in Kansas City, we are landlocked, and I just don't like the idea of eating seafood when there is no sea nearby!

My list goes on and on, but onions are my big one!!

OMG!! I hate anything with tomotoes in it too! they make me sick! I hate tomoatoes I hate tomato sauce! I hate how it looks all chunky and disgusting! lol. It reminds me of you know wwhat!

I hate milk too. Milk makes me gag. and Ihate bananas. and I hate onions. Half the time when were eating I have to pick certain things off of my food.
    *Mandi*

I will eat pretty much anything, but i don't think i could ever swallow oysters, mussels etc., too slimy and just gross. Obviously, living so close to France, snails and frogs legs would be a definite no no!! 'Oh, and offal too, liver, kidney, heart etc - never!

'Normal' food though, I'm not too fussy!

I'm a vegetarian so anything meat/fish/poultry is on my "no eat"
    list. I also don't eat much dairy, and I hate milk.

Other than that...

Onions (all) or excessive garlic bothers my IBS, as does caffeine, and
    anything too spicy, and salad dressings (except low fat ginger
    dressings), and fried foods.

Vegetable wise, I don't like asparagus, artichokes or brussel sprouts,
    but I will eat them if need be. I don't like raw broccoli, though
    I'll eat it anyway. I love lightly steamed or sauteed or any
    other form of broccoli (except maybe like boiled, blech, or from a can,
    blech, or frozen unless finely chopped and added into other recipes)

I only like potatoes as french fries, oven fries, roasted, hash
    browned, or in soup. (I make a very interesting vegetarian shephards
    pie with hash browned potatoes on top!)

I recently got over my dislike of pears when these gorgeous red
    bartlett pears kept coming through my checkout line at the co-op (I
    work 3 hrs/wk for a member discount) so I bought one, forgot about it
    for a week and a half, found it again, it was ripe, chilled it in the
    fridge and ate it and now I want MORE PEARS!! They take so long
    to get just right though. *le sigh*

So now I can say I've never met a fruit I didn't like!

I'm a vegetarian ANDa carnivore! I love ALL meat and veggies (that I've tried). The only veggies I don't care for are brussels sprouts and lima beans. I love onions and mushrooms (which I used to hate!)

I only like certain fruits: banana, orange, apple, pineapple and grapes. I detest canteloupe. blech!

I used to avoid seafood like the plague because I'm in the midwest too. But then I found out they freeze most of it as soon as it's caught. So I trust frozen seafood now. I like shrimp especially. And crab.

The one food I"ve always hated is baked beans. I gagged on it all the time as a kid and now the thought of eating them still makes me gag. Go figure.

my mom grew up eating baked beans every saturday night because that was the thing to do, where we lived. so now she won't eat them as an adult. however, my dad was a fireman when he lived with us, so he used to drag us to the fireman's dinners every saturday night where they had - guess what? baked beans & hotdogs.

& once again i can safely say that i've never eaten a baked bean in my life but KNOW without a doubt they'd make me gag.

: P

~ bethany