Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

WellI went for my first therapy session last night and I can't stop thinking about it. It was much easier that I expected it to be, but I am nervous about the whole experience. The doc said sometimes it is good to combine meds with the counseling, but I am so nervous about that. I was on paxil for 3 years with okay results but horrible side effects....and terrible withdrawls - So I am very hesitant about taking meds again.

If it would be okay to ask I would be interested to hear what types of medications anyone is one and if they are helping you in your daily battle with emetand any side effects you feel. Also if you are taking meds are you also seeing a therapist? What type of therapy has helped you the most in coping withyouremet?I am looking for the best combination to start with and Iam such a worrier that it isvery stressful to think about all this and not know which way to go.It seems like there are a lot of different routes to go so any info you can provide about personal experience would be so wonderful!!

Thank you all so much!

Therese

i took paxil for about 6 months, gained 10 lbs, & didn't like it because it made my emet fade into the background certainly, but i got a terrible case of the "f*-it's" i didn't care about ANYTHING! i just kinda drfted through. however i have heard people who have taken it & liked what it did for them, i think everyone's different, chemistry-wise, you know?

i'm not on any meds at all right now but i'm at a pretty happy place in my life so i think that counts for a lot. one day a a time!

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::