Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I always thought I'd be a blood donor (my family are big blood donors--my stepdad has donated literally gallons over the course of his life), so when I was 17 I was glad to be old enough. We had a blood drive at our high school and I had no problems, just gave it, ate the cookies and went to third period. I got up from my desk at the end of class and felt so weird. I went to fourth period, got in the door, looked at my friend and that's all I remember. I passed out (later found out my friend caught me and carried me down to the nurse!) and had to go home. I was out of it all day. I felt so horrible I've been scared ever since to try it again. I've been anemic on and off since, too, so I've never tried again. I didn't really feel n* though, just light-headed.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Well yeah, that's just the thing. It's not as though you pass out or almost pass out (I'm sure I would have passed out had I not been sitting with my head between my legs), and you feel just fine afterwards. You feel really weak and out of it, at least that's my experience.

I read on the internet that a lot of people have a bad first experience and then choose never to go back.

I am thinking that next time, I will go after I eat a HUGE lunch. Then I will sit for 45 minutes in the canteen before driving home. If that doesn't work, then I give up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof3
    I always thought I'd be a blood donor (my family are big blood donors--my stepdad has donated literally gallons over the course of his life), so when I was 17 I was glad to be old enough. We had a blood drive at our high school and I had no problems, just gave it, ate the cookies and went to third period. I got up from my desk at the end of class and felt so weird. I went to fourth period, got in the door, looked at my friend and that's all I remember. I passed out (later found out my friend caught me and carried me down to the nurse!) and had to go home. I was out of it all day. I felt so horrible I've been scared ever since to try it again. I've been anemic on and off since, too, so I've never tried again. I didn't really feel n* though, just light-headed.

I've given once. I'd like to again once my heart stuff is sorted out and I also think I need a bit more weight to do it. Anyhow, I was really scared to do it and if it hadn't been spur of the moment (the blood mobile at the grocery store parking lot) I probably wouldn't have. I was fine tho, it was a good experience. I had had a cereal bar for breakfast, did the shopping and climbed aboard. Scared to death, kinda shaky but did it. I couldnt' eat or drink their juice cuz of nerves but as soon as I got home I ate a sub I'd gotten at the store deli and just rested a bit. It did make me a little tired but that was it. Hope this helps anyone who is concerned. Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin