Hi, I am new here, but I wonder if anyone can help.

There are a lot of "bugs" going around at the moment and I am scared of getting ill or worse, my family getting ill (that's worse to me)

My granda is in hospital where there was a recent outbreak of Winter V* Virus, or Norovirus. He got ill and my Dad got it too. Although I don't live with my Dad, I met him yesterday and all of my germ fears are back. Apart from washing my hands a lot with special soap, what can I do? How can I stop the germs if they are everywhere in the community?

i have had emet for 12 years, since I was 10. I have had a lot of therapy and it has helped day-to-day living, going to public places, etc. I still have obsessive compulsive tendancies (like the hand washing and thoughts) but it gets worse when I am confronted with germ or v* issues and triggers.

I graduate this year with an honours degree in psychology and counselling, so it's not all bad, and I understand about mental health, brains and behaviour,lol!

Another good thing (kind of) is that, over the last 5 years I have suffered from anorexia. Obviously, that itself is bad, but at least my emet phobia has stopped me from making myself v* after eating. That could have made my problem 10 times worse, and anyway, I am definately in the recovery stage now thankfully.

Thanks for listening

Snakemed

xxx