Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was stressing with emet last night and worried as usual for no reason. I started to think..what am I actually afraid of?? For me I realized, its not the actual act of v*, but more I am afraid that I won't be able to "handle" myself if I do v*. I am afraid that it will be so painful and just terrible. I thought back to the last time that I was sick with a sv* and I remember having d* and v* both and it definately was not fun, but it really wasn't that bad and I just sort of survived through it with no anxiety. Now because of the emet, I am so afraid that when it happens I will literally freak out and be out of control. I guess that's my biggest fear, what are yours??

One of my biggest fears when it comes to V*ing is that I won't be able to stop. I mean I know that I won't like CONSTANTLY V* for hours on end, what I mean is I'm afraid that I'll do it once or twice, and then later eat something and then V* and so on and so fourth, that I won't be able to stop. Also a big thing is seeing the V* once I do it...I don't want to see it or smell it or anything like that! That's my biggest fear.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I was thinking the same thing. I thought back to the last time i was sick and knew that i wasn't scared. I knew there was a differene between sickness and my fear. I wish i could of held on to that thought for longer so i could of tried to work it out. The thought only lasted a second.

Monica-

I know what you mean...I am also afraid that I won't be able to stop once I start and that it will keep going...I know that realistically that's impossible and that it has to stop eventually, but I fear that too.

I hate the actual act of v*ing, but the bit I fear most is the build-up - the n*, the anxiety, the feeling of the n* getting worse and knowing "IT'S" going to happen,omg, that terrifies the hell out of me!

When I start to v*, it's almost a relief! When it's out, I just want rid of it. I have to be over the toilet so I can flush straight away. I hate the thought of having to use a bucket, basin, etc.

Oddly enough, I have no fear of choking, or death, or even losing control. It's just v*ing full stop that I dread. And of other people doing it.

My fear is not being able to stop....as some of you have said....it's the fear of being out of control that scares me...and i HATE the feeling before you do it.....and course all of the above mentioned i hate too......it's everything about it!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I think I am more afraid of the loss of control and afraid of "it" happening some where other than at home. This goes for me and my children/hubby. Like last week, when I was sick, I was feeling so bad driving the children home from school, but all I could think was PLEASE just let me get home and not barf in my van!!

Erm the thing that i hate about it, is knowing i AM going to v*. I just sit there waiting for it to happen and when it does i panic. like my mum says i should just relax and let it come out. but i cant i tense up, and it scares me because when im v* it feels like i could choke. i mean i no i couldnt choke, but thats what it feels like. it scares the hell out of me.

A.fretwell

My biggest fear is it happening in public or where others will see me. If I feel ill at home, I dread the thought that I might v* but it's nothing compared to the absolute panic I feel when I feel ill around other people.

my fear used to be the loss of control over my body. but after about a year and a half ago when my daughter had her first major stomach virus, my fear has been not being able to stop v*. i watched my daughter v* for almost 8 hours straight, only stopping in between for a few minutes, then after the 8 hours (and taking her to the hospital) she eventually slowed down to only every once in a while. but after i realized a person could get sick SOOOO many times in one little period of time, my phobia completely shot out of control. now my biggest fear is if i do get sick, i won't stop.

I get the most anxiety about it when I'm actually in public. I'm so scared to do it in front of people. I think it comes from the time I actually did v* in 5th grade in front of the whole class. But I also freak out about it at home. I just get all tense and then I think I actually get so scared of having a panic attack that it causes a panic attack.