Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Its taken so long I didnt really realise it was happening until just now.

Little things... like going out drinking, things I hated before, I can cope with again.. yesterday.. I was having a bad day- Id been dizzy from the moment I woke up, but Si was playin at the pub so I wanted to go... n the only drink they serve there that I like is that white stuff... some vodka alcopop, no for some reason that gets me a lot more drunk a lot more quickly than barcardi n all that stuff- anyway. I was standin there watchin the bands, n started feeling so dizzy, freaking out.. when I suddenly realised- okay, Im having a panic attack, but I dont feel sick. For the first time those two things became dissconnected in my mind... n in almost no time I was fine again, which endured, even though one of my flatmates was ill, which would usually make me want to go lock myself in my room n never come out!
    Meh, its so weird.. Im not better, not properly better, but I can see lil instances of copeing that I couldnt see before... lil bits of rationality thatve been missing for a long time... all this time I was freaking out that I couldnt fix this, something somewhere in the back of my mind quietly was.. is.
    [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Oh, something interestin from another favourite site of mine- its a teen message boards poll on phobias. There are some interestin ones there, as well as emet being included, which really suprised me.. not everyones as ignorant as we think, it seems. http://www.teleboards.com/showthread...p;threadid=925 19&perpage=15&pagenumber=1 Edited by: Eternity

Yay! Go you! That's really great!!!!!

that Is really great eternity...

im glad that u can cope with some things better now. i thihnk maybe u shud write them down and focus on them, treat urself for getting thru them so that u never forget that u coped once, so u can cope again, if u see what i mean.

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey,

I just wana say "well done" for how great uv been doing. As u've shown urself, things can and will get better with a little belief and determination. Good 4 u!

Rachel xxx

I think that that was a big step that you took. Even though it may not seem like it. It is sooo awsome that you have been able to talk to yourself like that and rationalize. It is an important key to making things better.

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.