Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How much would you have to be paid to v?

Voters
310. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1.00

0 0%
  • $20.00

1 0.32%
  • $100.00

8 2.58%
  • $500.00

7 2.26%
  • $1000.00

17 5.48%
  • $10,000.00

31 10.00%
  • $100,000.00

35 11.29%
  • $1,000,000.00

77 24.84%
  • I wouldn’t do it even for a million!

134 43.23%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much money?

Default Re: How much money?

Its mostly other people for me, so I voted 100,000 because thats how much I need right now (college) without being greedy.
    Some hearts are true <3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs down Re: How much money?

I wouldn't do that for money. It just seems wrong, almost along the same line as selling a sexual favor.

I guess it is more a "dignity" thing than a phobic thing for me.

Respectfully,
    David

the only way i would v* is if somebody told me i would never have to v* again! hahaha sounds ridiculous right?? haha

Well, for me, whether it were a sv* or induced myself would make a huge difference. Induced, it would have to be about a million. But sv*, as long as it were only one heave, could probably go for about a thousand.

This is hard to answer. I might say yes to large amount of money, but when it comes down to actually doing it, I would probably end up panicking and change my mind

Oh, man. Well, can we choose the preceding actions? Getting drunk seems the best way. I'd be out of my mind when it happened and then afterwards, lying in bed with a migraine, rolling around in a bunch of bills like Demi Moore in Indecent Proposal.

I chose $100,000. But something tells me I might have a second thought and make it 1 million.

This is an oldie, but I said $10,000. I think that's because I feel good right now. Months ago I wouldn't have done it for a million, and years ago, I think I might have done it for $20 (drunk). I think it depends on what kind of v*, though.

I think, right now, I'd be willingly infected with norovirus for $10,000. I would puke once (like, if there were a pill that makes you puke once and not feel too sick before or after) for maybe $1000. Somehow being in control of when it happens makes it seem less bad. If someone infected me with noro, I'd just lock myself in the house until it was over. Not such a huge deal (when I think about it right now...feeling good...if I felt nauseous, I'd probably jump back to the wouldn't do it for a million state of mind.).

I'd never do it and I'd also punch my sisters or friends if they did. It makes me mad just to think something like that could be possible. I'd also hate the person who's offering the money. If that were real.

Not that I like that reaction, but I would do that. I actually hate the fact that I could react that way. So instead of hurting my friends or sisters I'd hurt myself. I hate to admit it.

A discussion of this is going on in a thread that Naketa started, so I thought I would bump this.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wouldn't do it on principle (and like I said in the other thread, I'd probably try to take the money and run )

If someone were sadistic enough to derive so much pleasure from my pain and discomfort that they're willing to pay huge sums of money to be entertained, I think it's only right that I deprive them of this pleasure.
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

If alone: 10,000
    If in public: 300,000+

Depends how it were to happen for me. If it was accompanied by nausea and not knowing when it's going to happen I'd choose 1 mill but if I could choose exactly when/where it were to happen and no sick feeling I'd do it for a cool $100k

Quote Originally Posted by PinkButterfly View Post
    This is hard to answer. I might say yes to large amount of money, but when it comes down to actually doing it, I would probably end up panicking and change my mind
    I agree.

(10 characters)

I would for $500.00.

Default Re: How much m&#111;ney?

Bump......

I would only do it if it was by drinking that stuff that makes you ill, so there'd be no stomach ache and it'd be over in an instant. I don't even know if you could pay me $1,000,000.00 to suffer through an sv for 24 hours. Probably not.

No way, no how, ain't gonna happen. No amount of money could make me change my mind, I just never want IT to happen, no matter what.

A million. Though anything between 100k - 500k would be considered.

I'd do a shot of ipecac for that price and that price alone!!!

I thought about this question before and I think I wouldn't do it even for a million.

$5,000,000 and I would think about it.

This is what I thought when I read this thread and I'd like you all to consider it: If you said you would vomit for any amount (be it $5 or $5 million) then you have within you something much stronger than this fear and so you can overcome it if you really want to, because your "yes" response should prove to you that on some level, you yourself don't really believe vomiting is "dangerous" or the worst thing that could happen to you. or that you couldn't handle it. Think about it. Is there any amount of money you would accept to step into a cage with a hungry lion?

I need the money for my son's aba therapy, then again it is not my fear. I would possibly have someone vomit near me for that amount of money--maybe. :P

Kick emets a....

$2,000 do it once
    $20,000 be infected with nor0

It makes me sad the number of people who said they wouldn't do it, even for a million. If someone were offering me a million to vomit, I'd take it, that's enough to set me up for life, I'd buy a decent house, a car… invest a bit, then put the rest into savings.
    Come visit my history blog:

Me, too, Kaydee! I might be a v* ho, but at least I won't be a cheap v* ho! LOL!

LOL as long as you retain your dignity, grace!!
    Come visit my history blog:

It would be tough as I've done it plenty of times for free, but a think a million would assuage my guilt. For a million, I would v on the president. Where George H Bush? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    For a million, I would v on the president.
    Now THAT is funny!

there is absolutely no way you could pay me to get sick. no way no how.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

I said $1000 because, hey, rent and all my bills including many groceries for an entire month paid up. I would not do most things though for much less though. $10,000, I would. That would about a year's rent or money for a good down payment on a brand new car I need. $100,000-that's a great down payment on a nice home or would pay for a brand new car I wanted out of pocket. Actually I could buy myself and my parents a brand new car with that money. Hell, I would buy three brand new cars with that money. It would pay for rounds of IVF if insurance was unwilling to cover it or could pay for a couple international adoptions if I wanted to go that route as well. And $1,000,000...I would be set for some time. I could buy my parents a home and myself a home-nice homes at that-and they would not need to worry about my dad's illness and jobs-and new cars and so much more. Would not need to worry about money for a long time. So, yeah, for a million dollars I would probably do a lot of things. Nothing really dangerous or stupid though. But things like vomiting I would.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream