Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi guyz, when i came home today after work, my lil sis said the milkshake in the fridge at home had an unusual sour taste to it, but she already had swallowed it but didn't drink more. I tasted it, it was really gross. I didnt' ingest it. I'm a lil worried that my sis will be sick coz milk shake is made of milk..[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]What are the chances? It wouldn't expire till Sept 14, 2006. I don't know why it tastes like that. Edited by: bigemet

Where did u get the shake from? How old is it? I think a taste or a sip of sour milk wouldn't make you sick, and if it did it would probably happen pretty quick. I wouldn't worry about.

lol- do you know that the first thing that came to my mind was that song~ "my milkshake bring all the boys to the yard....."

It's kind of weird to me for a milk product to have such a far off expiration date- guess it must be one of those pre-packaged dealies with a lot of preservatives. Don't worry about the sour milk thing- there are actual recipies that call for sour milk! Also, when you think about it, what about cheese, yogurt, sour creme, etc?

If your sis noticed it tasted off an didnt drink much of it, don't worry It was kinda icky that your drink had gone bad, but it probably wasn't enough to make you sick.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We just got 6 of them yesterday. There's Caramilk, Strawberry and Coffee Crunch flavors. Most are fine. Just the one Coffee Crunch shake is so sour, it tastes like it's gone bad. But the expiry date is Sept 2006 so i don't know what the deal is. Could it be possible that somebody picked it up in the storeand decided not to buy it so they left it somewhere other than a fridge and it stayed there for long enuff to go bad? And it was put in the fridge too late and we bought it? Geez this sucks, i don't like it when kids get sick. So disturbing. Don't want my lil sis sick.

I wouldn't worry about that. One time I took a HUGE gulp of orange juice and realized it was completely sour AFTER I ingested it. I was fine..
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Yeah a few months back my mum made scrambled eggs, a few hours later I went to get some milk and OMG it smelled so funky and she had already had a load, it was clearly off. She was fine, and my mum has the worlds most sensitive stomach so I wouldn't worry. I still don't know how she didn't smell how awful it was haha Your sis will be fine.

And Amber Re: the song, me too hehe
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.