Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Family n*

Well i don't really write much about feeling n*, but over the last few days, my mum, brother and i, have all felt n*. I mean i get n* evey now and again, along with ibs all the time, but the past 4 days i've felt n* like mid afternoon. My brother was the first to say he felt n* the other night, which is really starnge as he never normally complains about feeling n*, but he said it was because he was to hot in his room and the heat made me feel n* from having a headache, also my mum keeps saying she feels n* every so often throughout the day. Im not sure if its stress related? as the whole family have been under a lot of stress and worry about the family spliting up, But everyone seems to be eating noramlly still and going out and working, it just keeps going on and off, im not sure it could be stress and also its been hot here, and we're not used to it as its been freezing over the past few months, and we all sat in the sun the other day, so it could be that.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sounds like stress. Your family has been thru a lot lately. Change in weather can definitely throw your system out of whack, especially heat.

Be careful that it isn't carbon monoxide in your house!!! That can cause n*, tiredness, dizziness, etc. If it seems more prevalent when you are all at home, then have it checked out...</font>

I'll agree with the stress AND the heat issue. I get very nauseaed (the real nausea stuff) when I get overheated. My body just doesn't respond to being hot and everytime I get stressed, my stomach does kartwheels.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with andee. That's the first thing I thought of. How is everyone now?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey, thanks for the replies, yeah it might just be the heat and stress making everyone tired, but everyone keeps feeling n* still on and off and my mum nearly passed out, and so did i, but that was when i was out. You see there was a problem with our heating and hot water before, and they came round to check it and said it was dangerous and we could have got </span></font>carbon monoxide coming out, so we got it fixed. But we've had the same gas thing for years, and we keep telling my dad we need a new one as it could be dangerous, because it makes horrible noises all the time and its always going wrong, but he ignores us and says "no it'll be fine" when one day its going to come to it and it won't be. Thanks though for saying that, maybe i should ask my mum to get the gas men to come round and check it. Thanks.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</font>
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

My first thought was also carbon monoxide, and it's a serious issue. A quick and easy way to check is to pop down to Woolworths, if there's one near you,and pick up a carbon monoxide indicator thingy (don't know technical term!), or somewhere like B&amp;Q or Homebase, you've probably got something near you.

For peace of mind it's worth checking, especially as you're all feeling ill with it.

Hey, thanks, well im going shopping in a minute so i'll pick one up and set it up. Thanks for the idea.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ruth.

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

let us know what it says, too. i hope it's not a carbon monoxide thing!

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

I got one of those testers and put it up, it has a light that comes on to say when its on and working and it hasn't gone off, i think if there was ever poison coming out, the alarm will sound, and so far so good[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!