Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well i know a lot of people are saying about that drink called gatorade in america, and we don't have it here in the uk, but i was wondering does anyone know if Powerade or lucozade sport are the same?? as there sports drinks that are meant to rehydrate you, and they give it to people when they lose fluids to get the glucose back up.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, Powerade is basically the same as Gatorade. Gatorade is made by Pepsi and Powerade is made by Coke.

It sounds completely disgusting, but Gatorade was invented by scientists collecting and analyzing the sweat of University of Florida athletes (the "Gators"). Gatorade was designed to replace what they were losing.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nice piece of trivia, Doug! (I love trivia...lol)

These drinks replace water, sugar, salt and potassium. But I've heard there are much better ways to get these things, and the sugar content is really over the top. A bottle of water and a banana would be far better for you, really.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I drink it when I know I'm really dehydrated. I tend to get nauseated from water when I get very dehydrated and gatorade is something I seem to tolerate well. It doesn't help for nausea or anything else, but it really can help with blood sugar and tends to make me feel better - except when I drink it on an empty stomach (ugh...).
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I'm the opposite of purpleteacher, Sometimes it helps calm my stomach when it is too empty. I'll drink some, then try food.