Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How much do you weigh for your height?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • very underweight

29 7.55%
  • underweight

111 28.91%
  • average weight

145 37.76%
  • slightly overweight

38 9.90%
  • overweight

43 11.20%
  • obese

18 4.69%
  • would rather not say

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weight and Emet

Going by charts I'm underweight but I think I'm "average" and have a high metabolism. Emet does sometimes alter my eating habits but even w/o emet my eating habits aren't the greatest. And I don't have any eating disorders.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

slightly underweight.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

iv lost weight recently, now i would say im inbetween average - slightly overweight.

im a 34 jean size going on to a 32 i think.

iv not been eating less either, just stopped eating some of the rubbish i kept consuming.

I'm overweight according to the BMI charts but i don't look it (i'm 5 foot 7) and people are always surprised when i tell them how much i weigh (11 1/2 stone) I once got down to 10 stone 4 and everyone said i looked ill but i wouldn't mind getting half a stone off [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I used to be underweight when i was a teenager as i pretty much lived on cream crackers and carnation build you up drinks for quite a while and just couldn't eat normally but i've got over that now and love food, i'm just careful what i eat - like i won't touch seafood and i won't order chicken if i eat out etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm normal, 5'3 around 107 lb.

According to the doctor, I'm underweight by 6kg...
    I'm 5'10.5 and weigh 54kg, which is about 119lb.
    I used to be extremely underweight (43kg, about 6 and a half stone) when I got scared to eat cos of emet...

i an 5 foot 1 inch and weigh 83 lbs

I'm 5'9 and around 137 pounds. I think that's a pretty healthy weight. My husband's family are always going on about me being too thin, but they're all very overweight, so I think their perception is skewed.
    Elizabeth

I Eat a ton I just dont gain weight.

I technically am average weight, but I am very close to being underweight. My BMI is 19%.

im a little over five foot and im 83 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by laylamommy
    I'm 5'1 and 93lbs...I guess that is underweight. Earlier this year I got down to 89lbs...that was bad.

I still feel fat though because I have a little tummy...from the fact that my diet is mostly sugar and breads. I love carbs. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    omg laylamommy! me too! i five foot one and i weigh 83 and i LOVE carbs!

what the heck?! how did i post twice??

as a little girl i was extremely thin due to the fact that i hated eating. that all stopped when i went through puberty lol...up until 2007 i was average weight. like 5'4 120 lbs. now i'm about 105 lbs which i guess is borderline under weight. I don't look under weight though. probably since i'm all fat and no muscle (they call it skinnyfat). i think it's from the meds i'm on now though i do have issues with eating. i binge eat like a lot of people here said, i'd most certainly be bulimic if i wasn't so afraid.

I'm 4'11" and weigh 97 pounds which I believe is on the low side of normal but you wouldn't know it by talking to my DR. He is constantly hounding me to gain weight.

In fact, just last week I got some bloodwork done and it came back with high carbon dioxide and acid in my blood. He was FREAKING out. Turns out I didn't eat for 24 hours before my fasting bloodwork (only need to fast for 12 but didn't have dinner the night before -- do to stress not because I didn't want to eat). Turns out my body was in STARVATION mode so I got lectured for about a 1/2 hour on my weight and good eating habits even though I told him that I don't normally skip meals - LOL.

Anyway, warning to those of you at the lower end of the spectrum -- DON'T SKIP MEALS -- buildup of acid in your blood is very bad for your kidneys (according to my dr.).

I'm under weight and my doc has told me that too. I'm 5'9 and weigh about 105lbs. My metabolisim is extremely fast and it seems to get faster as I get older because I was much heavier when I was young. I was very thin but it I wasn't underweight. I wasn't emet till end of last year due to someting triggering it.

I consider myself average weight and height myself. My doctor isn't
    complaining. 5'11, and about 143. Of course I have been losing that weight,
    so we shall see!
    Life is so worth living.

I am average weight now, but used to be underweight because I hardly ate anything, only chocolate, crisps and bread. I was scared any other food would make me sick. I finally started eating other foods about two years ago.