Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: great. :(

So last night I went to my brothers grad and had a blast. I talked, danced, drank and ate. (I managed to eat some of the chicken even). I tried to push emet thoughts away and thought I did a good job doing so.

So at the end of the night we had to drive my brother's girlfriend and her 2 friends back to her house. Fine. So we drive them home, I go home to bed. Today my brothers girlfriend came over and was telling us all how her friend got sick this morning. She threw up at her house. UGH. Now I'm so scared. I was with this girl LAST night, and my brother is ALWAYS with his girlfriend (he's there right now at her house where that girl was sick). It can't be from drinking, she had only one. She said she had a bad migraine and sometimes gets sick from it. I get the feeling they were only saying that to make me not worry (sure helped eh?). So now I'm so scared, in tears about this. I don't want to get sick, I don't want my parents to get sick, or my brother or his girlfriend 'cause they all live here.

What do I do? It seems everything is getting worse for me. I'm fighting so har and I can never win, nothing I do will ever make this phobia go away. So now I'm just going to have to wait and see if I fall ill. I have to work until saturday I can just imagine getting sick at work, and I go to Calgary late next week, and I CAN'T be sick for that. Just can't.

Sorry for all the rambling. I'm so scared and worried.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Hey there!

Well, does this girl get migraines? Chances are she realy did have one. Im sorry your worried so much, I know its hard, things start lookin up, just to be brought down again by something else. Most likely that girl had a migraine, and even if it was something, chances are no one else will get it.

My brothers girlfriend said she had a migraine. I don't know her at all. Was just with her last night at the grad.

I feel so helpless and stupid I can't do anything and I worry so much.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

It's more than likely that this girl DID have a migraine - after all, she only had one drink (maybe it was starting then, so she was careful?), and you all ate the same food, but no-one else is sick.

Try to stay focussed onwhat a good time you had, rather than thinking the worst - this girl just had a migraine - rough for her, but NO WAY anyone else can catch it.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

My mom would get migraines all the time when I was youngand throw up from them. It wasn't untila few years agothat she got a medication for them that she's caught them in time to not let it get so bad that she gets sick. I know it's stressful, but honestly, it's probably the migraine. Try to calm down and feel better!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Remember, you are an emet, and us emets V* a lot less than other people. You probably won't get it. About a year and a half ago my parents both got some sort of stomach bug. Since I live in the same house, I was SURE I would get it. Well, guess what? Nothing! But they were both sicker than dogs with it coming out both ends. Sorry to be so graphic, but I just thought it was so cool that something I was so sure I would get I didn't. hehe[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

as previously said, im sure this girl just a mirgraine and was sick from it. which means u wont fall ill.

in these kind of situations, i always rely on echinachea. its a herbal immune boosting medecine that i can trust will keep ne germs away... most of it is probablky psychonlogical, but hey, it works!!

dont feel like emet has beaten you on this, this is just another test or attempt that in a way, emet is giving you, so u can try and overcome it.

maybe think of it this way, even if u are sick, whats so bad about tht? ur sick, people feel sorry for you, it gets cleaned up and forgotton. (remember here i AM an emet.. i know its just not that simple for us, bt its the way of thinking that i have to adopt so it might help you to do the same)

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

unfortunately - I can't think like that yet.

a sucky cycle eh?

look at it this way. if she threw up just once, it was probably a mirgane. some people just don't care and would rather V* to feel better instead of being nauseated. but we'll fight it to the end, and usually win against V*. so if something she had made her sick, ( like the migrane, or an upset tummy, or whatever) wouldn't make you sick likely.

keep us updated.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

i can't stop worrying.

although i do remember when i had a migraine it was the worst feeling ever and felt so digustingly sick i thought i would throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybeautiful
    unfortunately - I can't think like that yet.

its not just going to come to you, sumthing isnt going to "click" in the night which means you start to think like that...

you have to work at it, more, and more, and more! u have to MAKE urself think like that, it wont be an immediate thought no! its not an immediate thought for me yet either.... but you need to use general times when you have been exposed to ur fear to try and lessen the phobia a bit.

its not easy, HELL its not easy. and i wudnt have been able to do it alone. as i have mentioned before, the "dysfunctional thoughts table" has really helped me. maybe you shud give it a shot.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try to stop worrying. If you have anxiety attacks, they could make you feel nausea, and you could think that you actually did get sick and that's why you feel nausea, even though it's from worrying in the first place. It's a vicous cycle, and it just makes things 100% worse, even though you can't really help it...*Hugz*

She may be the type of person that v*s easily. Their not all like us you know[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]. Being that it was such a big event last night, it's quite possible that she just v*ed from a migrane. Believe it or not, some people also v* from tiredness, and since last night was such a big deal, chances are she hasn't slept properly for a while. There are so many things that she could have v*ed from, if she seemed fine last night, it's most likely not because of the flu! Cheer up! I hope things get brighter soon!