Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know theres probaly been one of these already, but what the heck[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] lol. Do people have there safe foods and what are they? for when your ill, feeling ill or just can't face eating?. Mine's honey toast, because its bland, as its natraul, i get through a jar of honey every 3/4 days[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]. Also ginger biscuits, lemonade ice lollies, fish fingers, rice, pasta, and waffles. But mainly the toast.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Toast is definitely a safe food for me! I very rarely feel ill, but when I'm having an anxious kind of a day and am *convinced* I am ill (lol) I'll feel safe eating just toast, with a bit of butter. And tea! Tea is probably not the best thing to drink when you're sick, but it's a comfort drink for me...my family are huge tea drinkers, so I was brought up on the stuff.

Oh, and ginger biscuits too. It could be a psychological thing, but I always feel better and calmer when I've had one of those.Edited by: angel13
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Before gluten started bugging my tummy, pasta with a bit of butter and toast were my safe foods. My mom always used to make me acina di pepe, it's tiny little dot sized pasta, whenever my tummy was bothering me, but now I can no longer have it. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Now it's potatoes (boiled or baked or mashed) and rice (white, long grain), bananas, chicken and rice soup, and vanilla yoghurt.

Awww im sorry you can't have it anymore[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]. Yeah i agree toast is just light and simple and i put honey on it to give it a bit of flavour as it has no added ingrediants as its pure. Oooo tea! tea is nice, i drink about 5 cups a day[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img], also started drinking powerade as we don't have gatorade here.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My "safe" foods for when Im feeling dodgy are: toast with a little marmite, ready salted crisps, diet coke, pasta with a little crushed salt and pepper, trifle sponge fingers (without the trifle!?!?!?!) home fries (oven chips) and I think thats about it!!!b Although not all at once!!

Laney xx

Well when i was sick or had SV's as a kid my mom always said that dairy products would make me V* and she would give me marmite/bovril on dry toast. EEugh.

I guess my safe foods now are banana's (they bind you apparently), peppermint tea, and salted crisps or a hard boiled egg (also good for binding apparently!) Also mints and chewing gum as previously discussed!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

If I feel nauseous and have to eat I stick to melon, an apple, a few crakers, toast with a little marg,or a bit of tomato soup.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by marieb73
    Before gluten started bugging my tummy, pasta with a bit of butter and toast were my safe foods. My mom always used to make me acina di pepe, it's tiny little dot sized pasta, whenever my tummy was bothering me, but now I can no longer have it. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Now it's potatoes (boiled or baked or mashed) and rice (white, long grain), bananas, chicken and rice soup, and vanilla yoghurt.

You can get gluten and wheat free pasta, I bought some from our local health food store when I cooked for a friend who can't have wheat or gluten. It's made from rice flour and I thinkit tastes juste the same as your everyday pasta. It is a little more expensive than the wheat pasta but definitely worth it for you to be able to have pasta again!

- Japanese proverb

Yeah! i've had that, the whaet and gluten free one, and to be honest i find it taste's better then normal pasta lol.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

In high school (more than 10 yrs ago), eucalyptus drops were a good one for me.

These days, toast is a favourite, maybe with a bit of vegemite, maybe dry depending on how I feel, and especially chicken noodle soup (mm, yum, but Not the salt reduced stuff - yuk!)

Umm, also funnily enough, chocolate! But only Cadbury chocolate (individuallywrapped, not the block), not Mars or any other brand.

Or, if i'm not feeling reallybad, breakfast cereal with milk- I find it easy to digest.

Chamomile (sp?) tea is also good for relaxing my stomach, but i'm not a big fan of it - a box will last me a year.

For me it is cups of tea, or Ovaltine (god iLIVEDon that for 2 years!)or Dr Peppers, i use drinks to see how my tum is feeling, if i can tolerate them then i will have a few biscuitsor ready salted crisps, that's it

jacket potato is good !! just plain .. toast ready salted crips and plenty of water

toast, or an english muffin is always good, saltines...potato chips if i can't tell whether i'm hungry or n*

i almost NEVER eat chicken noodle soup when i feel ill. i can't do soups at all, although sometimes if i'm on the mend i'll drink chicken broth...

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

Mashed potatoes, toast, waffles, popsicles, rice cakes, if I'm feeling a little brave, cup o noodles. Chewing gum is always good. I like Extra cool watermelon flavor. Chocolate (Caramello is my fave), protein bars if I know I'm not getting enough nutrition. The Zone bars are pretty good.
    Oh, and gatorade, or powerade. Doesn't matter which. Seems to give me energy, and is easy on the tummy. Edited by: daffodil

When i'm feeling sick something minty whether it's peppermint tea, candies, or mints. And white toast with butter.

My comfort foods? A big fat baked potatoe with butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon Or hearty soups with fresh breads. Or popcorn .. the list goes on!
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

coke, too & gingerale

~ bethany

Another one is lemonade ice lollies, there really nice and there light to, and the lemonade helps if your n*.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Ooh no I don't like any soups or broths.. I can eat smooth soups like butternut or mushroom soup or something, but I can't eat ANY chunky soups really. Something to do with Emet I guess. Especially not when I'm feeling N*.

2 minute noodles are good.. plain without any of the flavouring..

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Quote Originally Posted by xroofusx
    Another one is lemonade ice lollies, there really nice and there light to, and the lemonade helps if your n*.
    Really? Lemon helps with n*? I'll have to try it.

Yeah i found that these lemonade ice lollies i got helped me when i felt n*, but they can be a bit acidy on the stomach which is a down side..or ginger is very good!
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

hahaha i gave my mom a can of candied ginger chips for her birthday & the whole time i was bringing them over i was kind of salivating, thinking, mmmm, those could be mineeeeee....

hahahaha

but i'll go get my own

~ bethany

Haha![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]ginger is awesome! i try and have 2 ginger biscuits about 2 hours before i go to sleep to settle my stomach. I always have packet of them in the cupboard.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Ginger is very good i always have a bottle of ginger root tablets in my bag, just in case!

Yay! for ginger! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]its awesome.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

This is slightly beside the point, but does anyone else here have a problem with Parmesan cheese? I used to be ok with it, until someone told me what they thought it smelled like...now I can't even be in the same room as it!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Sorry for the random question, all this talk of food just reminded me!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

toast, crackers, fruits

My 'safe' foods are popsicles, mint chewing gum, sprite and toast with a liitle cinammon.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Quote Originally Posted by angel13

This is slightly beside the point, but does anyone else here have a problem with Parmesan cheese? I used to be ok with it, until someone told me what they thought it smelled like...now I can't even be in the same room as it!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Sorry for the random question, all this talk of food just reminded me!

I've heard a few people say that! I do still eat it though.

- Japanese proverb

yogurt is pretty much my only safe food!

Its funny what people consider safe foods. Like mine used to be thick sliced bread with cheese spread and marmite? and chocolate biscuits lol, not the most healthy option, then it was mint choc chip ice creams.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!