Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Migraine???

I have had a bit of a headache for a couple of days, then last night it got much worse. I put it down to being a stress headache. I went to bed hoping it would go, but the room started to spin andI felt very n*. Eventually I must have fallen asleep. but I woke up about an hour laterwith a throbbing painand perspiring so much that I had to get up and have a shower and change my pyjamas. As I got up I could hardly see, everything looked really bright like a torch was being shone in my eyes. I sat in the bathroom for an hour feeling very n*, but luckily it did not happen.

This morning I thought I was alright, but as soon as I got up to get my children's breakfast the throbbing headache was back, along with the dizzy feelong. I have not got any othersymptoms, just a really bad headache, feeling lethargic, cold and dizzy.

I have never had a migraine before and I just wondered if it could be one. Can they cause dizziness and hot sweats?

I've had the same for a few days.. my mate came this morning to wish me happy birthday & has also felt the same! We put it down to change in weather & air pressure as its been quite nice this week then suddenly changed tonasty cold air....

Hope it feels better soon

Hi Curly, hope you're feeling better. It definitely sounds like a migraine, which can sometimes cause dizziness. Or it could be that the two are completely unrelated. I have had viral infections of the inner ear which have led to severe dizziness, where the room would just not stop spinning. You could have something like this, there are often no other symptoms. With the headache, how have you been eating? Are you getting enough sleep. Low blood sugar and a lack of sleep can bring on a migraine. And the sweats, the dizziness would bring this on, similar to how people sweat when they have motion sickness. It's also warm at nights, chuck in a bit of anxiety, and you're going to burn up.

I'm sure this is just a one off event. Obviously if it continues, see your doctor, but give it a few days and it will pass.

Thankyou Sneezymonkey and Suze and Happy Birthday sneezymonkey.

Well the headache and dizziness have lasted all day. I also now have swollen glands and a really sore throast on one side, so the headache was probably the start of that. After feeling cold all day, I am now starting to feel very hot. I am starting to get very anxious about tonight. I really hope my children do not wake in the night. I don't feel like I can cope with that. I am so tired but scared to go to bed.

Look, the good news is you've found the reason for feeling bad. You've clearly got something viral and you really do need to rest. There's no reason why your kids should wake during the night, they will be fine. Try and look after yourself, have you taken anything? Ibuprofen would be good and will make you feel much better. If you're feeling hot and cold then you are probably a little feverish so again you need to take something to bring this down. You will feel so much better if you do. A hot drink too and a warm bath will relax you.

Take care, I'll be off and on here throughout the evening so let me know how you are.

Sally, I am so sorry you are feeling badly!! You are just having the worst time of it!! I know how hard it is to take care of kids alone while you are sick. Maybe you could call your you-know-who (mother in law) to take them for a while so you can rest and feel better!!

Thankyou Suze and Donna

I have been taking Nurofen for my head and it does help for a while. If it was just me here I would not worry about feeling unwell at all, but it is my 2 children who i am worried about. They need me to be well for them. I told my MIL this morning that I was not feeling well, but she just went on to say how bad she was feeling and how she always feels unwell, so I could not ask her to help with the children. My friend did take them out for an hour this morning which was kind of her. My mum is still recovering from her final chemo so her immune system will be low, so that means I have to pull myself together and stop feeling sorry for myself. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. I just wish I did not feel so scared about going to bed. I know it is really silly and sleep would be the best thing, but I am so scared that I will not be able to deal with anything which might happen in the night.

Sally, I know how scared you are, but if the kids are going to wake (which is unlikely), they're going to do so whether you sleep or not. If you don't get some rest then you're less likely to be able to deal with anything. If you go to bed now and get a few hours then should they wake, you will be better able to cope. And if they don't you'll have had more sleep than usual and it will do you the world of good.

Think about it, I'm sure you'd tell me to get some rest if the situation was reversed!

Thankyou Suze.I know you are right about the children. If they wake, they will wake whether I am in bed or not. My daughter very rarely wakes anyway and if my son wakes he usually settles quickly so I do not know why I am worrying. I am just scared one of them will wake up unwell.

I have tried going to bed, but each time I shut my eyes I was hallucinating. It must be from the high temperature. I have took another painkiller and I think it is starting to work. I am going back to bed now to try and sleep.

Ok Sally, I really hope you feel better. You're doing the right thing getting some rest and I'm sure the neurofen will kick in soon to help you sleep.

Let us know how you are in the morning xx

hey, just logged in, i hope you're feeling better in the am - i'm sure once you get some rest you'll feel loads better!

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

Sally, I am so sorry I have missed this thread, I hope you are doing better at the moment and getting some sleep.

You are doing everything you can at the moment to help you get better just keep pushing in the sleep, Thinking of you hun, you know where I am if you need me =)

xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You shouldsee a doctor if you're not feeling better soon. It sure sounds like a migraine but the dizziness is kinda strange. I just hate not knowing what's wrong with my body, so i like to see a doctor.

If you are not better by today, I really would go to the doctor Sally. How
    are you now?

Thankyou everyone.

I managed to sleep quite well last night, but I still got up with a bad headache and the dizziness soon followed. The dizzy spells are happening more and I feel really strange. I managed a short sleep whilst my son slept, but I don't feel like doing anything. As soon as I move my head I feel dizzy. I have even asked my friend to pick up my daughter fromschoolwhen she collects her son. I don't think I could make it there. I think it is probably some sort of virus as I have a sore throat and feel quite achey and lethargic. I have forced myself to eat in case that made the dizziness better,but it hasn't. I will have to see the doctor if I still feel as bad tomorrow. I wish my husband was home.

Curly...so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad.....do you have sinus problems or allergies to cause you to be stopped up maybe in your ears? I think i might call the doc...you may need an antibiotic to clear up any infection you may have....i hope that today you are feeling somewhat better...take care of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

hey curly, i hope you're doing a little better now - do you think maybe you could have an inner ear infection? sometimes that causes vertigo& could make you feel crappy. an antibiotic would take good care of that, the others are right, if you don't feel better soon i'd hike to the doctor's office & get checked out.

*hugs*

~ bethany

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

Thankyou Kate and sassenacch. I think I am definately going to have to go the doctors tomorrow(too late for today!) as the dizziness is getting worse. I am struggling to do anything. I feel very n* from the dizziness and I am longing for my childrens bedtime which is unusual for me as usually I dread that time. My sore throat is actually feeling a bt better, but my head is hurting as much as ever. I can normally fight things off and carry on for the children, but I am struggling today. Luckily they are both being good. I know I will cope though, I just hope they both sleep well.

Hi Sally!

I'm so sorry for not being here to read this....as you know I'm kind of busy right now with a brand new baby. I have had these symptoms before and the doctor has blamed it on a virus. Did you go to the doctor at all? How are the kids, are they ok? I know you must be so lonely and wish you had someone to help! I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon. Let me know how you are doing. Take care of yourself and try to get as much rest as possible.

-Alissa

Thankyou Alissa. I went to the doctors this morning and he says I have an infection of the inner ear caused by a viral infection. I also have a high blood pressure which could also account for some of the dizzziness. Since it is virally caused, he did not give any antibiotics, but he did give me some antiemtics used for motion sickness. The only trouble is, they cause drowsiness so I cannot take them until the children are in bed. I have to go and have my blood pressure taken again on Friday.

The dizziness is horrible. I had to go grocery shopping this morning. My friend took me in her car, but the motion made me very n* and I had to get out and walk home. My friend took my son and did my shopping for me. I am really stuggling and am even letting my MIL take my daughter swimming this evening as I can not make it there. I am feeling like a terrible mum as i have not been able to do anything with my children. It is taking all my effort to get them dressed and cook their meals. I am still wondering how I am going to make it to collect my daughter from school.

Hi Sally!

I actually had a middle ear infection too once and that is exactly how I felt with it and since it was a virus the only thing the doc gave me was the med for motion sickness to help with the dizziness. I'm so sorry that you are feeling like this. Don't feel quilty at all getting help from others with the kids, your hubby is not around to help and YOU NEED TO REST!!! You are a wonderful mom andyou need to get better so the more you rest the quicker you'll be able to give the kids the attention you want to. Try to rest and relax and feel better soon! I'm thinking of you.

-Alissa

Sally, sorry to hear you're still suffering. What has the doctor given you? Is it stemetil? This is what my GP gave me when I had the same thing, and it really didn't make me particularly drowsy, I even drank alcohol with it (not supposed to!) and it still didn't make me sleepy.

If you're struggling to cope, then take one, it will help and it's unlikely to knock you out, you'll still function, possibly better than in your current impaired state!

And Sally, you are a brilliant mum, you're too hard on yourself. You're ill, expect to operate below par for a while and believe that you're still doing a great job.

Hope you feel better soon. I wish I lived near you, I would come over and help!

The dizziness is still no better. I have just woken up to a spinning room and I felt so n*, that I am now ina bit of a panic. I do not know what to do for the best. If I lie down the room spins, if I sit up it spins, if I move around it spins even more. I am sure looking at the computer screen does not help, but I need to try and take my mind off it somehow. I have felt almost like I am in a dream since Saturday night. My throat is so sore and my head is throbbing.

I have somehow coped with the children, but tonight I feel so yucky and don't know how I am going to get through tomorrow.I feel so guilty as I have not been doing a good job with my children over the past couple of days. I have not done anything with them, only the essentials. Usually I can pull myself together and carry on, but the dizziness and n* is getting too much.

Sorry to moan, but it is nightime again andI always get a bit irrational at night.

HI Curly, I'm so sorry your not feeling well. With everything you've been through the past couple of months it's not surprising you don't feel well. Last year after going through an especially bad winter with my children. I experienced two days of feeling extremely n* and fatigued with a terrible headache. All I wanted to do was lay down. It scared me a lot because I can usually struggle my way through anything and still go about my daily life. Your not a bad mom. Your just a mom who's going solo at the moment, who's run down and needs a break. There's no harm in that and it's nothing to feel guilty about. I hope you feel better real soon, take care!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]