Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

im so scared, in the middle of the night i woke up with this horrible lump in my throat, and when i swallowed i could feel it move down and then back up again i ended up falling asleep and i thought it would go away in the morning but this morning its still here, ive had something to eat and something to drink but its still here!! ....... im so scared im going to be sick from it!!!!

what is it!! ... ive jst started taking stemetil could it be side effects?? please help someone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is anyone here?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hi abbey

sorryi did't get your message until now. how are you doing? i've woken up with a lump like that in my throat a few times before. i know this sounds weird but i have always been able to get rid of it by crying. its usually a sign that im really upset or stressed, and i just need to cry it out. sorry i cant be of more help [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

good luck!!! you can PM me if you need to

-hayley xoxoxo
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

hayley are you sire it wont make me sick

It won't make you sick Abbey, try and relax. If you've had something to eat then you're not suffering from any stomach complaint. It sounds anxiety/stress related to me, I've had it before. And to be honest, the more you think about it, the more it's going to bother you. Try and distract yourself, you need to be able to switch of from it if you can and before you know it, it will be gone.

And another thing, the stemetil will stop you being sick, though I think even without it, you'll be fine.

Not sure what the weather's like with you, but if it's nice, get yourself some fresh air, I'm sure that little one of yours would enjoy a ride out!!

lol cant go out.. its pouring down over here!! its horrible...

does stemetil actually stop you V*?

Pouring it down here too )

How are you now? Sometimes I get that feeling when I start with a sore throat. It could be due to anxiety though.

Stemetil is an anti-emetic.

Just thought I'd add, I'mpositive you won't be sick because of the feeling in your throat. You know what us emets do at the first sign of any funny feelings in our stomachs, gullets orthroat - automaticallyconvince ouselveswe may be sick, whenit's just not true.

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Yeah, stemetil is definitely an anti-emetic. Anyway, hope you're feeling better.

Sorry the weather up North was lousy, it was beautiful in South Wales but we're due your rain tomorrow )-:

how you doimg, dolly? everyone's right, you know, you won't be sick from the lump in your throat. i've had it before & i don't know what it is but it's basically nothing more than annoyance. it should resolve itself ina day or two.

=)

~ bethany

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

I get a lump in my throat when I am stressed or anxious. This is probably what is happening to you. I hope you feel better.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone.... the lump in my throat was there most of the day yesterday but i managed to eat and everything anfd then later on it dissaperard!! weird!

THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!