Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Are you vegetarian?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, lacto ovo (includes eggs and milk)

23 20.35%
  • yes, lacto vegetarian (dairy, but no egg)

11 9.73%
  • yes, vegan (no animal products)

3 2.65%
  • yes, but eats fish and dairy

9 7.96%
  • no

67 59.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegetarian?

Just curious how many people on the board are vegetarians. I am for health reasons and for the treatment of animals. I'm lacto ovo, meaning I include foods with milk and eggs. I do not eat fish or any other meat.

I have not been vegetarian all of my life, but have gone back and forth between eating meat and not eating meat. I perfer being vegetarian, but I do know that sometimes I have to eat meat and will "compromise" and eat CERTAIN meats if I have to (medical reasons or because there is no way of avoiding meat).
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm a lacto ovo vegetarian and have been for about fifteen years now. I'm a veggie for ethical reasons and not because of emet.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I class myself as a demi-veggie as I eat chicken and fish but no other meat (I just don't like it)
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

I was Vegetarian from age 11 -18, and Vegan from age 14-18. I became Vegan again last year. I find it so easy, it's scary. haha

Been a vegetarian now for almost 14 years- has nothing to do with emet, but rather that I think that eating cow and chicken is no different than eating cats and dogs. That, and all the crap that is put into meat that gets sold at the supermarket is kinda scary.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im not a vegetarian but dont eat much meat/eggs/fish. I have conbsidered it before but would miss the occasional bacon sandwich too much!!

For me its not an ethical choice butjust that I dont like alot of meat in my system, it doesnt make me feel great.I much prefer pasta/pizza and veg and stuff.

Laney

i'm not, but as my mom is sometimes i'm on a more veggie than meat diet. but i love meat!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i am not veg. because i live with my parents and they dont let me not to eat meat, and i had problems with my blood- anaemia, and i must eat meat

but at least i dont eat eggs

I am not a veggie but mainly eat fish and chicken.. I am thinking of giving up red meat altogether as it generally doesn't make me feel great after eating it.. and I think it contributes to my gas/bloating problems, esp pork and beef!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

Been a vegetarian now for almost 14 years- has nothing to do with emet, but rather that I think that eating cow and chicken is no different than eating cats and dogs. That, and all the crap that is put into meat that gets sold at the supermarket is kinda scary.

*amber*

I agree with you word for word! Unfortunately I am a hypocrite because I haven't stopped eating meat yet, but at least I've cut down on red meat and only buy organic free range chicken and beef.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

i have been a vegetarian since i was 13. now at 18, i have an egg allergy, so cant eat any eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee
    i have been a vegetarian since i was 13. now at 18, i have an egg allergy, so cant eat any eggs!

That means you can't get the flu shot either, right?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I have nutrient absorption problems and a very needy body (diabetes +
    anemia), so I eat all kinds of things. I wouldn't last a week on a
    vegetarian diet.

I do love fruits and veggies, though. I can't eat an orange or drink
    juice whenever I want, so I just pig out on bell peppers instead. :9

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian (and have been one for almost 4 years). I am planning on transitioning to vegan in a few months, once I move out of this house. I'm a vegetarian entirely for animal rights issues. O and I became anemic after going vegetarian, and was able to get over it by taking vegetarian iron supplements. I'm surprised that a few people here have said they'd been anemic, since I'd only met one other person who's had anemia in person.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleteacher

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee

That means you can't get the flu shot either, right?

no i have had it ever since i was three until i was 15 then i found i was allergic to eggs, but no i cant have the flu shot because it is cultured on egg! its so annoying, but i think this years flu is one i have had a shot for already, because everyone, (even the ones who have had the jab) are getting flu at the moment, and i am seeming to avoid it, touch wood!

I have recently become vege purely because I'm terrified of meat and fish. I do avoid eggs too though as they seem to upset my tummy.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmonkeylove
    I have recently become vege purely because I'm terrified of meat and fish. I do avoid eggs too though as they seem to upset my tummy.

thats what started to happen to me when i found out i was allergic to eggs

Im lacto veg as i haven't eaten any meat, fish orpoultry for over 5 years now, it started out to do with emet and now i don't think i'll ever go back to eating meat or chicken but i would like to try a little fish when i am ready.

I'm like you honeybee, i have had an egg yolk intolerance since birth(gives me terrible tummy troubles) but i have the flu shot every year as i am also asthmatic and it's not once given me any troubles as far as my intolerance goes.

Trinity

im also asthmatic, it doesnt effect that but it really effects my IBS, are you allergic to eggs in things? even the smallest piece of egg sets me off!

Hi honeybee,

I am intollerant of egg yolk, something to do with the complex protein so if it is in things my tummy plays up badly, powdered egg is the worst and that is hidden in alot of things.I can eat the white of an egg fine. They told me at the hospital when i had allergy testing years ago that it is not an allergy as such,because it only affects my tummy,so it is anintolerance, if it was an allergy i'd need to carry an adrenaline shot around with me.

Trinity

i get a really bad gut reaction and it affects my immune system and electrolight balance! i know what you mean about powdered egg, especially in veggie food!

I am vegegtarian and also dont eat milk and eggs - but do have cheese. I am vege purely for emet reasons. I dont trust meat - too mayn risks so stick to pasta and vegetables Edited by: izzybee

no way...i love meat...my sister is a vegitarian and i have no idea how she does it...although she is very healthy and petite..and im not... LOL
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

I've been a vegetarian my entire life. I have never eaten a peice of
    meat (chicken included) and plan to keep it that way. My mother raised
    me as a veggie and then at age ten gave me the choice of eating meat.
    I decided to stick with it. I see no diffrence between eating my dog and
    eating a cow, so I chose to be animal friendly. Plus, there are so many
    great alternatives to meat. I did not decide to be a vegetarian because
    of my emet.

i was a vegetarian for 4 months and after the first few weeks i didn't miss meat at all. i started getting really tired though, and when i had my period every month i literally could not get out of bed because i was so weak and tired. i was taking protein and iron but it was not helping, so i'm eating meat again and i am very happy about it! lol
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

yes I am, not a vegan though, for about 10 years now.

I used to be veg, then vegan, but I've gone back to dairy, fish, and white meats. I'm also allergic to eggs, but to the whites, not the yolks. I can't get the flu shot, but it's ok with me, because I never had it anyway even before I found out about the eggs! I hate shots [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by chloe
    I class myself as a demi-veggie as I eat chicken and fish but no other meat (I just don't like it)
    I'm exactly the same. I don't like chicken or fish either, but I eat them for the protein. I don't eat anything else mostly because of my emet.

I've totally gone off meat.

I have a veg for about 3 or 4 years and i don't think i will ever go back
    to eating meat. I eat cheese and eggs but i have trouble drinking milk
    straight cuase it just grosses me out. I usually drink soymilk. I do have
    to say that i did kinda do it because of emet but it isn't why i have
    stayed veggie....
    this is an interesting topic!
    ~viva~