Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, this isn't to start a political debate, but rather to see where people fit on the political compass. This was posted in another MB I visit, and I thought it was pretty interesting. I figured I would post it here, and then graph the results, just for the hell of it. And wouldn't it be cool to see who on the board you are closest to politically? It may surprise you!

I found some of the questions to be some-what vague and misleading, but still found it decently interesting.

So, here is the link:

www.politicalcompass.org

and here are my results:

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.69

So, once again- no fighting over who is what and why. This is not athread to discuss anything political, just to really see where youfall on the spectrum. Do the test and post your results if you feel comfortable enough to do so. You can also check out who you fall closest to- my nearest neighbour appears to be the dalai lama, so that is pretty dang cool IMO!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

damn, i went to take it & it told me they couldn't find the page

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

Awww- that sucks! SOrry it didn't work for you!

From the main page, I went to 'click here to start' and it worked fine.

*amber*

<H1>Your political compass</H1>
    <H2>Economic Left/Right: -3.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.62 </H2>

I guess I fall into left Libertarian. I was the closest to nelson mandela and the dalai lama!Edited by: Babydoll
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

<h2>Economic Left/Right: -4.13

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26</h2>
    So in other words I'm a liberal. I could have told you that! lol

Seriously, very interesting quiz. I enjoyed it.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26

Looks like I'm with Nelson Mandela!!

I get the 'page not found' message when I click on the link [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey!

Thanks that was really interesting to do..

I don't know tooo much about politics and the different policies of each sector, but these are my results:

Economic Left/Right: -3.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

And i came closest to the Dalai Lama or Nelson Mandela!!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

<h1 style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight: normal;">The Political Compass<br style="font-weight: normal;"></font></h1><h2 style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-weight: normal;">Economic Left/Right: -7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85</font></h2>
    That was fun. Some of the questions were kinda tricky and I didn't expect to have to sit and ponder over a few like I did. Perhaps it's my feelings that are tricky instead of the questions. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it!

\"This too shall pass\"

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Sorta with Nelson Mandela and Ghandi!

Thanks for posting this quiz Amber i found it fascinating, i'm sitting at my desk at work on a very cloudy day in rainy London and it's really helped to pass the time (even though i should be working hehe[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img])

for those getting a page not found error try this link http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

ok, mine is Economic Left/Right: -4.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.90

I feel really dumb, but I don't understand this. I pretty much only understand conservativism and liberalism, right wing left wing, etc. All the libertarianism and other stuff they described confused me. Can someone explain to me what I am based on my score? LOL.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I got the page not found message.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I forgot to write down what I was....but I was like Pope John Paul II.

Economic Left/Right: -8.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46
    Ghandi and Nelson Mandela

Hehe... this was fun! I'm just hard left and then right below the middle, going from top to bottom.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Quote Originally Posted by mjewell

ok, mine is Economic Left/Right: -4.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.90

I feel really dumb, but I don't understand this. I pretty much only understand conservativism and liberalism, right wing left wing, etc. All the libertarianism and other stuff they described confused me. Can someone explain to me what I am based on my score? LOL.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Hey Mandee,

If the social libertarian/authoritarian stuff is what you have a hard time understanding, it has to do with the amount of power you feel the government should have to regulate and govern us peasants, lol. Someone who considers themselves to be a 'libertarian' would say that we should have the right to self-govern, while someone who considers themselves authoritarian would say that strict regulation is needed in order to facilitate an orderly society in which people are protected.

There is also the matter of who should have precedence, the state or the individual, and what should be allowed to be done in order to protect the economy vs the rights of the individual, and in what way should the government be allowed to govern trade.

According to your results, if I am reading them correctly, you would fall just within the realm of the Libertarian Left, which would mean that you view the individual as more important than the state, but you aren'tlow enough in your libertarian views toenough to really be considered an extreme leftist (where the values of non-state enforced collectivism and anarchism are more prevalent).

It's hard to decipher- I know where my political views stand, but in terms of the philosophy of this test, it does require some thinking to 'interpret' where you stand, especially if, like me, the philosophy of politics are NOT my forte!

*amber*

<H2>Economic Left/Right: -7.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26 </H2>

Okay, that's huge, sorry, I copied and pasted. Looks like I'm with the Lama, too....and Ghandi! I'm in good company!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

<H2>Economic Left/Right: -5.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51 </H2>

In the same bit as Ghandi and Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Economic Left/Right: -3.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.08

THank God I am nowhere near BUsh!

LOL Auguerra! Isn't it scary to think that there are so many who are, though. Ugh.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks Amber!!

<h2 style="font-weight: normal;">Whee. I feel slightly out of place. </span>

</h2>
    <h2 style="font-weight: normal;">Economic Left/Right: -1.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64</h2>

</span>

LOL - don't worry, I thought I was too. But there are a lot of people who didn't take the quiz or if they did, didn't respond. Also, some of the questions were tough because they were situational - like I could have answered them differently, you know?