Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How many times per week do you use them?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 3

55 77.46%
  • 4-7 times per week

11 15.49%
  • 8+ times per week

5 7.04%

I take anti-acids fairly regularly and other things for my reflux when I have to, but I don't actually take anti-emetic's very often at all. What about everyone else?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purple, this poll needs more choices, such as "once or twice a year," and "I never take them."

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with Doug.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Yeah I agree, I don't need to takeantacids/ EVERY week, but might do once a fortnight or so.. I don't take anti-emetics at all. Unless i was ACTUALLY ill and V*ing I would get some..

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I put 4-7, i have to take an anti-acid med everyday, but that was perscribed by the doctors to have everyday, so i don't know if it counts, but if i forget to take one before i eat, then eat as i found out by it happening 3 times i v* or have to make myself v* from having to much acid in my stomach. I do have anti-emetics but i havn't taken one yet.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I don't take anti-emetics at all, and only take anti-acids if I have heartburn.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I've never actually used them....[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

I've never used them either. I take anti-anxiety meds instead.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

i take an anti emetic 4 times a day!

Im not sure if its true or not, but if you take antiemetics all the time, dosn't your body become to be immune to them after a while?? what antiemetic are on if you don't mind me asking.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1

Purple, this poll needs more choices, such as "once or twice a year," and "I never take them."

Doug

Is there any way to change the poll? I'm sorry I overlooked this.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

When i was bad, i took 2 different kinds between 3 and 5 times a day
    but now im pleased to say maybe once every week and a half to two
    weeks [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] x

i am on metroclopromide (maxalon) you dont get immune to them, but they have some nasty side effects, if you take them at high doses for a long time. i have just started to get them, e.g. shakes. i wouldnt advise going on them, they are very addictive and hard to get off of.

Quote Originally Posted by xroofusx
    Im not sure if its true or not, but if you take antiemetics all the time, dosn't your body become to be immune to them after a while?? what antiemetic are on if you don't mind me asking.

this is what my post above was replying too

Yeah, i used to take the maxalon syrup, and i started to take it everday, but i had to stop having it as they gave me an overdose in hospital and had some horrible side effects, so the doctor told me to stop taking it. But i don't take one everyday now, i only have them if i really needed them.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

i think the poll was for anti-emetics, not antacids - it does say "excluding antacids" on the poll title =)

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

Honeybee, can I ask how long you have been on the metoclopramide?

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil
    Honeybee, can I ask how long you have been on the metoclopramide?

i have been on it for two and a half years now,

Isn't metoclopramide also Reglan? I work at a pharmacy but still have trouble going from brand to generic name.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

yep, to the best of my knowledge, metoclopramide is reglan.

I take prochlorperazine every day. I know its bad - BUT it does help me alot

i did usually take them if necessary or i cant handle it but not now due to being pregnant
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

i do carry around my anti-sickness tablets but only use them now if i feel absolutely desperate, i used to have them 3 times a day but then thought to myself, you cant keep taking them so i tried without.....
    take care and DONT EAT MINTS!!!! unless of course you want to end up looking like me!! The pic is me with dentures!! i actually have only 3 teeth left!!

I have never taken an anti-emetic. Is emetrol one?

I never feel nauseous, I feel anxious [which upsets my stomach]. So I take xanax for anti-anxiety.

Last year I hadnt had a panic attack in 10plus years and I confused the symptoms with nausea. After that I bought emetrol but I havnt taken it. Its there as a comfort.

Flee

I use to take 1-2 or even as many as 3 a day along with doses of pepto bismul and gaviscon.
    I too am proud to say that I am down to maybe 1 anti emetic a month maybe 2. I don't take even Gaviscon or Pepto too often now either. I am also taking the bus and taxi without panic.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I am kind of wierd.. i HAVE to have ant emetics meds with me at ALL times HOWEVER.. i only take them like once a week. But that all depends on the day.. sometimes i take them a couple times a week.. sometimes not at all.. depends on how i feel.. and it does suck because with anti emetics you have a sense of control.. like "oh if i take this.. or couple of these i wont v*" so it plays with your mind which i have heard some psychologists say is actually NOT a good thing. because it controls and supresses v*** and wont help the progression of therapy.. i would EVENTUALLY definately not now but.. eventually.. not have to have any on me ever! We shall see..

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] i had a bad experience with emetrol.. its soo friggin sweet!! and so anyways i took someabout 4 yrs agoand it actually made me v*** twice! ever since that.. i havent been able to take emetrol.. *sigh*