Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

What a major surprise to find out I had been exposed to someone who had strep and they invited me to their house knowing they were sick. I found out several days later and just so happened to see small red blisters forming in the back of my throat. I was so grossed out by it--I wanted it gone, fast! Does anyone have any natural cures for it? I tried gargling with salt water, vinegar, warm honey and lemon, cayenne pepper, etc. I was really trying to avoid the antibiotics cuz for some weird reason, they make me soooooo nauseaus. So my questions to you are: do you have a natural cure for strep? and how many of the emets here get nausea because of antibiotics. I was only taking 500mg a day. Then the nausea grew worse and I had to take phenergan 25 mg each hour just to make it tolerable. The nausea grew even worse with all the phenergan. Could I have been over dosing on phenergan and that caused my nausea? What are your experiences?

Pumpkin

I had strep like 5 times when I was a young child. I never v*d from the antibiotics and didn't take any anti-emetics. Untreated strep can get really, really, nasty trust me. You need to continue with the antibiotics and take the anti-emetic. I really doubt that you could overdose from it, but get a doctor's advice, or call a pharmacist, don't take my word for it.

Edited by: csjones
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

You must take antiobiotics to get rid of it, not to mention you will be
    spreading it if you are around any one (that was so inconsiderate of your
    friend!). I would just tell the doc your fears and ask for anti nausea pills
    to go along with the antibiotics.

Thanks guys for your responses. Hey, by the way, how long did it take to fully get rid of it? I see mine very slowly each day. I was in the very early stages when I saw the dr. and he gave me 500 mg a day and only took it for five days when I had to go back and he injected me with another 500mg of Rocephin. He originally wanted to give me 1000mg but I insisted on a 500mg so he did. Both the dr. and the RN said it should rid the problem but as I check daily, I see it going away very slowly. Is this the way it works? I have never had it before. I've been like this for about a week today or tomorrow.

Pumpkin

I think mine took about a week to go away, but I have always had a killer immune system.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I've had it once. It's very painful. With the antibiotics they gave me, it was gone in a week. Zithromax again I was on. It's a 5 day course. Very strong, but very tolerable. Hope u feel better soon.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Let's see. I've had strep a few times...I think three or four. The first time i was really little, so I did get sick from that one (but that generally only happens in small kids). The second and third times I was on antibiotics, and it cleared up in a few days. Didn't hurt at all! The most recent time was tortrue though...I pulled the throat swab out too early because I couldn't stand the gag reflex, so the 24 hour test came back negative. It turns out that I actually did have it...but I had to stay home for like, four days so that i wouldn't infect anyone, plus it took forever to go away. Honey does help though. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I hope yours goes away soon! Feel better!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i had strep when i was 9 & had to miss a week of school.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

It's no biggie, go to the doc, they may do a swab test that will make you feel like you're going to v*, but you won't acutally. Antibiotics are the only cure
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

but the whole gagging thing, I CAN'T ;handle it, come on guys, you all know how it's a cousin to v*. I'm afraid that I WILL V*. Help!! I've been on low antibiotics for 4days 250 mg. a day and then on the 5th day took a shot of Rocephin 500 mg and see it just going very slowly. Some of the blisters in the way back are nearly gone but I'm still concerned about the two white streaks i see in one tonsil and two blisters near the Uvula. Dr. said, if by today I didn't feel well, to go back for another shot. I will but I am just wondering if it just needs time?? I went to the doc. right away. I mean I didn't give it a chance to really get full blown so I never felt any discomfort at all. I only got nauseaous from the antibiotics.

Pumpkin

i've had strep 6 times in one year before. my tonsils are enormous. i've always taken antibiotics to get rid of it and the pain usually went away after 1-2 days. i never got nauseas with the meds until about a year ago when my emet got worse. i don't know if it's just in my head or if my stomach weakened and can't tolerate them anymore. not too sure. but gargling diluted peroxide will help kill the bacteria in your throat if you really don't want to take a prescription.

Thanks Laurend, but how much do I dilute the peroxide? I mean, How did you do it so I can try it. For now, I'm still having hot honey w/ lemon and leave in my throat and also gargle with my left over antibiotic oral suspension so that it can come in direct contact w/ my throat. I don't know if that will work but it's worth a try I think.

Let me know. I'll check in a few hours after a b-day party here at my neighbor's house. Oh and how often should I gargle?

Pumpkin

You'll want to be careful with the peroxide, not to swallow any, because that can make you s*.

Thanks Daffodil. I'll be very careful.

my boyfriend gets chronic strep & bronchitis - & i mean chronic. sometimes both at the same time, which is extremely fun :P

the funny thing is, is i haven't gotten it since i was a baby. i just seem to be immune to it now, which is nice, because i can safely take care of him without worrying about myself getting it at all. & i don't mind because i've never seen anyone v* from with of those.

strep sucks - but it'll go away soon. hang in there!

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

i have strep infections quite frequently. i have never been sick with one. i just take regualr paracetamol, and go to the doctors for antibiotics. they dont give them every time, but it is very contagious!