Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I had to put my neurotic emet tendencies concerning my kids behind me this weekend!! The girls had a birthday party at nasty Chuck E. Cheese and I let them go and even out Aidan on a couple of the rides (of course they had hand sanitizer before they ate and then when we left), the next day the kids & I went to the second show of a DVD taping for a local children's singer (he's called Mr. Stinky Feet and he's great, if you have little kids, check out mrstinkyfeet.com I highly recommend him) and my girls were picked to be in his band, so they had to sit on mats in the front of the auditorium (with tons of other kids, after the kids from the 1st taping had sat on them), then play instruments that 20 other kids had played, and there was no way to hand sanitize them, we were there for 5 hours because after the DVD taping, he filmed a music video and they asked my girls to stay and dance in that. So I had to wrangle Aidan and didn't get to sanitize those hands until we went to dinner. I was proud of myself for not freaking and for actually DOING all of that stuff. Of course I am still watching out to see if they caught anything there or not!! It's been 48 hrs. since we left the concert and so far so good!!

Good for you Donna

Your kids are so cute as well, I can see why they would be picked for a DVD taping! How did they like the experience?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You should be soooooo proud of yourself! Doesn't it feel good when we
    put our feelings on hold and let our kids have the fun that we often
    shelter them from?! I give you so much credit! You are a better mom
    than I am! I still don't let my kids have friends over for most of the
    winter, until they can all play outside! Aren't I awful? [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Way to go!!!
    Julie

Good for you!! I hope to be that brave someday!

Donna I DREAD when my sons father takes him to Chuck E Cheeses. I was at work once and he called my cell and I heard kids in the background so I asked him, So whatch guys doing." He said, "We're here playing at Chick E Cheese." I freaked out soo bad. This was when the s/v was going around and a lot of kids in one area around sv season is not a good thing. I panicked for about 3 days until finally I realized he was going to get sick. I feel so bad thinking that way and letting my emet get in the way of my sons activities and such. Its so bad that my son even knows the drill when we get into the car when we've been out or brfore we eat- put your hands out, slather on the sanitizer and rub. It's ridiculous. When we get into the car he'll say, "Mommy-rub." I'll look back and his hands are out. We;;, at least I'm teaching him good sanitary habits, huh? I can look at it that way I guess.

Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

I freak out and not let my kids go into the little play rooms at the grocery
    store or at McDonalds or Burger King. YUCK! They don't even ask...they
    know the drill...too many germs! I feel like a bad mom sometimes
    because I might be depriving them of some fun, but I try to make up for it
    in different ways.

My kids are learning really good sanitary habits, too. I put a anit-
    bacterial wipe in my son's lunch everyday.

I always hope that I don't pass this emet. along to them!
    Julie

I don't let my kids play on that stuff, either. One of our news channels here did germ tests on them and found horrible things--not just colds and flus, etc. but STAPH that enters your body through your skin. Absoolutely horrifying, worse than any of us ever imagined.

My son is now sick, not with SV but he has a green runny nose, cough and fever, so he caught something this weekend, I just thank God that it wasn't you-know-what!!

Good job Donna, you let your kids be kids! That's a big step for anyone of us. Personally, I will never have children, so I have lots of respect for those of you that do.

Sorry that your son is sick, but at least it is only a cold.