Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am pregnant!

I have known for 3 weeks now and was trying to keep it quiet but I can't any longer. I need some advise.
    As some of you know I work in a primary school. The problem is there is a horrendous bug going around at the moment. Mainly it is affecting the kids but a couple of the staff have had it. Well at the moment I need the loo every few hours but I am terrified of using the loos at work. Do you think I should use them and risk catching the bug or hold on until I get home and risk getting an infection? Doesn't seem like a right or wrong answer but I am so scared at the moment. It started in the nursery and 11 and 13 of the children have had it. 4 of the children have got siblings in the class I work in and 1 of the children has already had it. he was off yesterday because he had v* and d* andwas back today. All seems a bit quick to me but he seemed ok.
    Also I am 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow (according to my dates but my stomach seems huge!Other people can see it too so it's not my imagination). Do you think if I was going to get 'morning' sickness it would have kicked in by now? I am so scared. I am wearing seabands, drinking ginger ale, eating ginger biscuits, etc but this scares me more than a sv as it could go on untyil December.
    We are very excited but time seems to be going so slowly and I just don't feel very strong at the moment.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

First off Congratulations!!!

With the bathrooms at the school, if you wash your hands and line the seat with tp when you sit down, you should be fine. If you try and hold it all day you could do damage to your bladder and such. Just keep eating and keep those hands washed.

Thank you! It still doesn't feel real yet but I just feel worn out with worrying so much. People keep saying 'well you mustn't worry' but when i have done it for 23 years it is hard to stop.

oh congratulations!

no worries - you'll get through this fine, just like galadriel said, make sure you pee when you have to. i'm sure you'll be fine, & morning sickness won't be a problem...i wonder if it's a boy if you seem like you're showing already! any names picked out yet?

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

My mum is convinced it is a boy! We have got more boys names that we like than girls names but nothing definate yet. Trying not to get too excited as its early days but people started guessing last week because my flat stomach has disappeared and once you start telling people it gets you more excited.

Yeah! Congratulations! This is such an exciting and miserable time all at
    once.

With my pregnancies, the morning sickness set in by the 8th week. Also,
    I was taking prenatal vitamins and while we were on vacation, we were 3
    families. All of the kids/parents got rotovirus, except for me, and I give
    all the credit to the vitamins and washing my hands ALL the time.

I work in an elementary school, too, and we have had a few out with sv*
    lately. I just stay away and wash my hands CONSTANTLY!!!! Plus, I keep
    taking my vitamins!!!!!!

Is this your first baby? My first was a boy........and he just turned 8!!!
    Those were some of the best times in my life!!!!

Try to enjoy and most importantly, KEEP BREATHING!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Julie

Congrats!! Make sure to pee when you need to. You could bring some of those Lysol wipes with you, and clean off the toilet before using it if it makes you feel better.

Awesome! Congratulations! Don't even give the bathrooms a thought. Wash your hands and keep them away from your face.
    As far as morning sickness goes, only time will tell. Mine was from about 6-10 weeks. I did not vomit, though. Good luck with everything!
    Damn, Girl! 7 weeks and already showing??? You sure there aren't quadruplets in there?

\"This too shall pass\"

Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    Damn, Girl!* 7 weeks and already showing???* You sure there aren't quadruplets in there?*
    Don't wish that on me!!!!*LOL*

Congratulations Hale[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Congratulations, that's wonderful news! Try not to worry about morning sickness - not everyone gets it. I didn't, but I felt n* if I let myself get too hungry. You'll be fine at school if you keep washing your hands.

And once again, best wishes. I've never forgotten that feeling of finding out I was pregnant for the first time. It's such a special time. So, is it going to be a Christmas baby?

It looks like it will be a christmas baby. My dates indicate the 27th December but won't know for sure until the scan. My stomach looks much bigger than it should so i am hoping they will say I am further gone than I thought. Thanks for all your good wishes.

Just want to add my congrats to you too. As daffodil suggested take some anti-bacterial wipes with you for your trips to the bathroom just to keep your mind at rest.

<font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

congratulations!!! I am so excited for you? I almost wish it was me [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

no matter what happens, at the end of the pregnancy you will be so grateful when you hold that baby for the first time. Enjoy being pregnant. I don't know what it is, but a few of my friends are pregnant and I just want to touch their bellies all the time! pregnant women just have that glow about them!

again, I'm so happy for you!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Congratulations Hale!!!!

congratulations!!!
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Awwww, Congratulations!!!! This is such an exciting time. I know it doesnt seem like it now, but the time will fly by. Try not to worry about the bug going around school, I know you will still follow all the emet rituals!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Keep us updated on how you are doing!!!!

That's so exciting, congratulations!

Congratulations! An official welcome to the future emet mom team! I can't believe you are already showing! People could tell on me at about 10 weeks - I think because I am so small normally that any little pooch is very obvious. As far as the bathroom thing goes, you do need to use it whenever you have to. I'm not sure how much it affects things at your stage of pregnancy, but I know that later on it can be a trigger for preterm labor which you definitely don't want. Plus it means taking antibiotics which all of us emets hate! I agree with what everyone else said - makes sure you wash your hands and everything and you should be fine. I think what surfjunkie said about the vitamins is true. My husband had several bad colds this winter and I never caught any of them (and I really didn't take too many precautions since colds don't bother me). Make sure you take your vitamins, eat well, and get lots of rest and you will be fine. Congrats again!!!!

Congratulations, Hale! How exciting for you!! ^__^ Don't be worried about morning sickness, you seem to be doing all the right things!

Keep yourself healthy and the bug won't stand a chance!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

thanks everyone,

I really strugged to get through today as another member of staff has caught IT (but had the sense to stay away) and loads of children in the reception class have been absent (but only one child in our class) and I have just felt sooooo tired.Not really sick but not myself. Then I got home and my scan appointment had come. It is on the 13th June and I can't wait.

Thanks again!

Congratulations! I just was looking at the photo thread and it was nice to have a face to your name. I hope all goes well!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I totally sympathisize with that "not yourself" feeling. In a way I can't wait to have my baby and get my body back, but on the other hand I think I am going to kind of miss feeling her kick and move around - knowing that she is in there and alive and well is such a good feeling.

As far as the tiredness goes, I hate to tell you but it only gets worse. I was soooo tired - I got to work at about 8, and would crash by about 1. I had to drag myself through thte rest of the day, get home and cook something quick for dinner. If I didn't do it right away, forget it, I was way too tired. Then I would eat, and sleep on the couch with the dogs until my husband was ready to go to bed, then he would wake me up and I would move to the bed. Not a real exciting time, but it will get better after a while. I think I was around 20 weeks that I finally felt like I had some energy again. But it is all worth it! I hope time flys until your scan! I think that is one of the worst things about pregnancy - the wait between appointments. It seems like forever before you can go in and make sure everything is still going okay!

Congratulations, Hale!

And Happy Mother's Day! (to you and all of the mommies and expecting mommies)
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thank you. I just can't wait for the tiredness to stop. I feel terrible today but I know I am really lucky that I haven't been sick so far.

Congratulations Hale!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Hale
    I have known for 3 weeks now and was trying to keep it quiet but I can't any longer. I need some advise.

As some of you know I work in a primary school. The problem is there is a horrendous bug going around at the moment. Mainly it is affecting the kids but a couple of the staff have had it. Well at the moment I need the loo every few hours but I am terrified of using the loos at work. Do you think I should use them and risk catching the bug or hold on until I get home and risk getting an infection? Doesn't seem like a right or wrong answer but I am so scared at the moment. It started in the nursery and 11 and 13 of the children have had it. 4 of the children have got siblings in the class I work in and 1 of the children has already had it. he was off yesterday because he had v* and d* andwas back today. All seems a bit quick to me but he seemed ok.

Also I am 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow (according to my dates but my stomach seems huge!Other people can see it too so it's not my imagination). Do you think if I was going to get 'morning' sickness it would have kicked in by now? I am so scared. I am wearing seabands, drinking ginger ale, eating ginger biscuits, etc but this scares me more than a sv as it could go on untyil December.

We are very excited but time seems to be going so slowly and I just don't feel very strong at the moment.
    Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!

Thank you both very much!I am having a nightmare at the moment. Yesterday the deputy head was off school as she had the bug, she came in today and got sent home as she was too ill to be at work but she was probably there long enough to spread plenty of germs, one of the teachers who I get on really well with feels sick, one of the kids got sent home after she came up to me and said " I don't feel very well because sick just came up my throat," (her sister had the bug at the beginning of the week but she had it the week before) and another child had to come back into school at home time because he thought he was going to be sick (and he did look ill). I am terrified. I am having all sorts of pains in my stomach and queasy feelings and I don't know whether it's IBS, pregnancy or the bug but it feels like it's killing me. I have to admit I gave in and took one of my metoclopramide tablets last night as I felt so bad. The doctor said I could take them in emergencies but I still feel so guilty and the way I feel now I think I might need to take another one. I just don't know how I am going to get through this. Edited by: Hale

Hi Hale! Just wanted to add my congratulations, that's great news.

Keep washing your hands, and you'll avoid the dreaded sv*. M x

Hale, congratulations!

Just wanted to say that in the morning only eat bland foods, such as plain
    biscuits and bread etc. My mum said this stopped her from v*