Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Triumph?

So basically, any time I have a stomach ache I used to thing "omg omg omg omg omgo mg omg v* argh" and get myself worked up about it and have a Halls or a Rennie or whatever. The minute I have a stomach ache, in a Halls goes.

Anyhow, today, I had been feeling kinda "aftershock stress" after a Thinking Skills AS Level exam yesterday which was horrible. And whenever I get stressed sometimes I get d*. (That is how we spell it or w/e, right?)

Anyhow, my stomach was cramping today, which hurt and made me feel a little bit n*, so I panicked a little. What if I were to v*? omg omgom gomgo mg panic again.

Then after reading this site and the treatment and other stuff I thought "No, just because I have a stomach ache I'm not gonna v*. I know it feels horrible but I won't v* since I'd probably only v* if I had ultra n* and/or was feverish and ill, etc." I took a rennie since it felt a bit acidy anyhow.

I took my mother's advice of taking a painkiller (1g of Paracetomol, fact fans) and the cramps only re-appeared later on after lunch, like once and then they were gone for the rest of the day.

But I can't believe I actually had a stomach cramp (which made me a bit blargh, not quite n* but not far away from it either) but I knew I wasn't going to v*. For me that's quite a step forward since the first sign of a stomach ache would send me reaching for something.

Good job not letting yourself get all worked up. Tiny steps... tiny steps. I used to be just like you, every little pain in my stomach and I would freak out... now I just kinda take it in stride. It has to be a conscious decision to not let yourself freak out, and it sounds like you are making your way to that decision. Awesome! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Today I got the cramps again w00t. Apparently there's a stomach bug going around. D: One of the cramps hit during an English Lit class too which wasn't great seeming as how our English Lit class is only 5 people inc. me and the teacher, argh.

But I was thinking "nope, not gonna v*." It wasn't the "please don't let me v* D:" type though, it was the "I'm not gonna v*, i mean, come on how ridiculous is that" type.

Also my mother said I inherited her iron stomach which means I'll probably have D* and cramps for a bit and that'll be it. Also she reckons I'm not the type to v* when I'm unwell which is also good. >_>