Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is a weird, somewhat gross question. have any of you ever gotten these white ball-like things randomly in your mouth, that obviously come from the back of your throat and smell really bad?

I got one while I was in spain, and it really freaked me out but nothing happened. Then I got one earlier today, and a small one just now. What is this??? My dad says he gets them sometimes and it's not like he's sick or anything, but i'm still nervous! help!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I've had these. They come from your sinuses. The more sinus trouble you have, the more you get them! ICK, they are so gross, but I don't think they are any indication that you are sick.

BandNerd

ugh..sounds sooo gross, but it's pus from your tonsils! exactly a year ago i had the most unimaginable pus all over my tonsils. my doctors said she never saw anything like it because it was actually growing on the back of my throat...sorry way too much info..but that's all it is! gross and smelly but nothing too dangerous
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Do you smoke? I have gotten these things from time to time since I have been smoking. I think it's connected. Nothing to worry about, tho, but still gross.

I think there was a topic on this once and the answer boiled down to some people get them and some people don't, I think it has something to do with your tonsils or something. It's doesn't mean you are going to be sick though...from what I remember.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I only got those when I had tonsillitus attacks and once I had surgery to remove those, the icky stinky balls never came back.
    \"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday, and all is well.\"

These little whitish-greyish things are called "tonsilloliths" or "tonsil stones". They hide out in the crypts of your tonsils. (you may want to do some research online and find out more about them). I get them like crazy, especially when my sinuses are acting up. Here are a couple of sites for you to learn more. http://www.doctorhoffman.com/xlith.htm

http://health.ivillage.com/ent/throat/0,,5nf6,00.html

I have been getting these nasty things for atleast 20 years; the only real cure is to get your tonsils removed. These are by no means, a sign of infection. They are just pesky, and smell real bad, sometimes making your breath smell like poo! Glad I am not the only one who gets em"...LOL! ~Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Quote Originally Posted by charzysbebe

These little whitish-greyish things are called "tonsilloliths" or "tonsil stones". They hide out in the crypts of your tonsils. (you may want to do some research online and find out more about them). I get them like crazy, especially when my sinuses are acting up. Here are a couple of sites for you to learn more. http://www.doctorhoffman.com/xlith.htm

http://health.ivillage.com/ent/throat/0,,5nf6,00.html

I have been getting these nasty things for atleast 20 years; the only real cure is to get your tonsils removed. These are by no means, a sign of infection. They are just pesky, and smell real bad, sometimes making your breath smell like poo! Glad I am not the only one who gets em"...LOL! ~Charlotte

Ok, I just realized that the 2 links I posted are eithervery similar, or are the exact same, so I will post something different...LOL!

http://www.therabreath.com/art_tonsilstones.asp

http://www.doctorndtv.com/topicsh/Tonsil%20stones.asp
    Spring is here!

Ick! I get those sometimes too! They freak me out!

Whoa, I thought I was the only person who got those! I used to get them a lot when I was little, but now very, very rarely. I would get them while I was in school and it would freak me out because I kinda felt like I was choking or gagging a bit. I thought it was a piece of my lung and I was going to die!

Nice to finally know what they are though.

Geez, the human body is so gross!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

My friends used to get those and call them brains!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

brains...tee hee

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::