Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i think we all need a bit of a laugh here today, so, i'd like to know who else lives their lives by these 5 rules (unwillingly, haha)

1.i fallUPSTAIRS. yes, we all fall downstairs occasionally, but i have long legs so i take stairs two or three at a time & inevitably miss some. you think i woulda learned by now.

2. if i pick it up, i will drop it.

3. if it's breakable, i will break it.

4. if i bump into something, furniture, what have you, i apologize to it. not sure why, just always something i've done.

5. i don't like to sit normally, sometimes when i sit on a couch i put my feet up on the back, or i tip in my chair, so i usually wind up falling off something at least once a day.

anyone else?

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

LOL, I like how you apologize to furniture. Can't think of anythng at the mo' but I will work on it.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Oh my gosh yes!!!

I am always picking things up and then swiftly dropping them again..

Also tripping upstairs (prefer it to tumbling down to be honest!!)

I also 'spoonerise' a lot - ie saying sentences back to front like instead of saying: Keys for the flat I said Fleys for the Kat. my mom does it too -She tried to say one day: Look at that Morris Minor with the sunroof! and instead it came out: Look at that Minus Morror with the sunroof! lol. WE always crack up when it happens!

I also apologize to solid non living organisms when i bump into them lol.

Another one - I do something that may be potentially sore and say: OUch even though it didn't hurt.. or I say ouch and it doesn't end up happening!

Can't think of any others right now.. but i am SUCH A ditz and dumb blonde at times!! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I hate falling up the stairs! It always gets your shins. It's horrible. Shins seem to hurt the worst. There's not much fat to cover the bones or something.

Funny, I don't ever recall falling down a flight of stairs, but I do
    fall up them a lot. Sometimes I'm short of breath, and other
    times... well, I have a strange habit of going upstairs on all fours.
    Seeing as gangly human limbs aren't made for that purpose, stumbling is
    part of the deal. (Haven't yet figured out how to run up the stairs on
    all fours while carrying a bowl of cereal, but THERE WILL COME A TIME.)

Kimmy: Lol, spoonerise is a good word. I do it several times a day,
    and sometimes I mix up words that are completely unrelated. Instead of
    saying apple, I'll say paperclip. "Are you going to eat the last
    paperclip?" Haha.

I fall upstairs, too. I am clumsy as hell. I also mix up words, and sometimes forget what I was saying mid-sentence. So I am a clumsy space cadet. Oh, and I sometimes talk to inanimate objects. Mainly electronics, if they are not working right. A clumsy, insane, space cadet.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Haha, i do that that to, the worst time was when i had a bowl of pasta in tomato sauce on a tray, and i tripped up the stairs and it went all down my leg, the worst was i had shorts on so it burnt[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img].
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I am the clumsiest bint alive, especially when I am nervous about something. The other week I was going up the stairs and it was dark, I thought I still had another step to walk up so lifted my foot right up and found....I was already at the top. It hurts more than you think haha
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

My issues relating to falling up the stairs revolve around what I like to call my "flipper feet". I have the oddest feet ever- they are extremely narrow, but very long- about a women's 10-10.5. I also have these weird extra bones (it looks like I have two ankles almost), to the point that even the doctor went "oh, thats a bit odd".

But I digress......since I have long feet, I often find that stairs aren't long enough. I wear a lot of open-toed heeled shoes, so I don't want my toes to go TOO close to the inside of the stairs (so I don't bump or scrape them), but sometimes I dont step close enough, so my heel falls off the end, and up the stairs on my knees I go. This happened at my job last summer, where I was all dressed up and heading upstairs to go interview someone for a research project. I looked like a complete knob.

My other issues relate to a complete lack of a verbal filter. I seriously don't have that little voice in the back of your head that says "gee, maybe you shouldn't say it"- the words are out of my mouth before I even have a chance to second guess them. I actually told one of my professors to stop being a dorkus, lol- at least it was outside of class!

The lack of a verbal filter also means that I can say obsceneties like it's my job- in both official languages. Nothin' shut my TA class up faster than me calling the mediaa bunch of f***ers who were sucking on the tit of government and big business assholes who think with their wallets. It wasn't so bad, since the youngest in the class would be about 17...but I have been known to drop the occasional f-bomb around pre-pubescents. Didn't mean to, it just happens! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

*amber*

Quote Originally Posted by kimmyc24

I also 'spoonerise' a lot - ie saying sentences back to front like instead of saying: Keys for the flat I said Fleys for the Kat. my mom does it too -She tried to say one day: Look at that Morris Minor with the sunroof! and instead it came out: Look at that Minus Morror with the sunroof! lol. WE always crack up when it happens!

I

Lol, spoonerise, never heard that word before. I do that all the time, especially when I'm nervous. The most embarassing was years ago when the vicar had popped round to see my mum, I came in the door which was covered inmucky fingermarks, saying to my mum, "There's all f***y mingermarks on the door." [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Yaaaayyyy so its not just me that 'spoonerises'. Phew. Apparently the name or term Spoonerism comes from a man called Reverend Spooner who used to mix up some words duringhis sermons.. can't remember what they were but I think he was well known for it in his time!

I do it when i'm talking and not concentrating or when I am talking too fast or excitedly.

Lol One who Squeaks I also do that.. I say a TOTALLY unrelated word for an object but its because I just say what comes out instead of concentrating on what i'm saying. LIke i'm talking lazily. lol.

This is one of the things i'm laughed at the most about though:

I was sitting with my ex boyfriend on the top of a cliff/mountain watching the sunset. As the sun had almost COMPLETELY dissapeared on the horizon, I saw a ship sailing past (quite the kodak moment). IN my head I thought to myself: GEEZZZ imagine how hot it must be for the poor sailors on that ship, they are SO close to the sun. Well unfortunately I couldn't just keep it to myself...no no I HAD to voice my thought to my ex. I said, Can you imagine how hot those sailors must be? GEEZ it must be boiling on that ship. And he was like: You're joking right? and I said: no, look how close they are? Can;t you see it? And he was like: You can't be serious? and he then went on to point out that the ship was obviously NOWHERE NEAR the sun as it wasn't actually right there on the horizon. DURRRRR KIM. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!