Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: phenergan

I got some phenergan from my doctor, and wouldn't you know it, I'm scared to try it. I plan on using it very little, but want to try it when it's not an "emergency" to see how it feels. Does it make you really sleepy? Can anyone reassure me?

hi

the only experince i have of phenergan is that my son takes it for his allergys it makes him really sleepy but he is only 2 but otherwise he has had no ill effects from it

lyndsayanne

It made me very sleepy and I only took the 25mg dose.

I get VERY sleepy with it. I often take it with codeine when I have a cough
    that keeps me awake. Great stuff, but might knock you out!
    Julie

I think it's a GREAT drug and I have kept it onhand for years and years. It makes me very sleepy and then hungry when I wake up after taking it. You'll be fine.

i knew a lot of women emets who took it for pregnancy & they said it just made them sleepy

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

Be careful not to mix it with Ambien and drive on Capitol Hill.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

buwahahahaha

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

Gumdropper, which capitol hill? The one in seattle, by any chance?

I have phenergan but keep it for real emergencies so haven't yet taken it. My kids have taken it, in medicine form, and it didn't make them too sleepy. In fact, my daughter was prescribed it as she wouldn't sleep (short term fix to try and give me a rest!), but that didn't really work either - gave her twice the dose one night and she still kept waking!! Guess we're all individual with regards how we react to drugs, sorry that's not much help!

I take phenergan all the time, especially when I feel something just not right in my stomach even if I know I'm creating the sensations or dwelling on them too much. The phenergan I've taken is in tablet form and in injection form. I prefer the injection. I actually don't get as sleepy at all with the injection. With the tablet, whoah, be careful how much you take. If you've never taken it, try very small doses to see how drowsy it makes you before you drive. For me, I'm just under 100 lbs, 5'0 tall, very short so 25 mg. will make me yawn a lot so I take it with a little xanax like .25mg and that will knock me out each night. I combine the two for sleeping all night. It's great. I do go through some phases about every 3 or 4 months where I do feel some dizziness that lasts one day on and off like a lack of balance if I get up too quickly or move too suddenly but I've never lost fallen or anthing like that. I've noticed that when I wean myself off to suddenly like not taking for for a day or more if I feel I don't need it. I sincerely doubt that you will feel nauseaus. It is to work against it. It actually numbs your stomach cuz since I can't swallow pills, I have to chew it and then swallow so I notice that my tongue is numb wherever it came in contact with. So it keeps your stomach from contracting if that what it wants to do. Sometimes I just use xanax for stomach ailments cuz I know that it is self created through excessive worrying and I notice the xanax relaxes my stomach and I feel better. I have to assess my exact feelings to know what I should take to combat it. If you have it, try it while you are feeling fine to see how drowsy, fatigue or relaxed it will make you. Best wishes to you.

Jessica