Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

(some of this may be a bit tmi/slightly graphic. Appologizing in advance!!)

Three days ago I was feeling really n*. I woke up in the morning, feeling perfectly fine. Then I ate a bowl of cereal (mmm cheerios), and then ten minutes later, I got the worst stomach/bowel cramps ever. I figured they would go away after a few minutes, so I went to school, but I had to leave before class even started because I felt so n* and crampy, and I had started burping a lot (with a lot of acid ).

So I went home and slept. I ended up with one small case of d*, nothing serious. I felt a lot better, and I went back to sleep.

When I got up again, I had a bit of yogurt and plain chicken. Then the n* started all over again. My mouth was dry, my bowels felt weighted and squirmy, and I kept burping a lot.

Now its three full days. I'm gradually feeling kinda better, but I'm getting kind of freaked out. I haven't had a 'movement' since that last case a few days ago. Every time I eat, I get terrible terrible n*, dizziness, and gas. Then it goes away and I feel starving, so I eat, and it all starts again.

On top of this, I find out that my bf's sister (he's still at home) has an SV, as well as three girls and one guy in my global class, who all sit around me! I'm getting really afraid, and I don't know what to do...

Do you think this could be an SV? Or just really really bad indigiestion? My bowels are also making really terrible growling noises :S

Edited by: phobos

Ok, don't worry,

I think everyone here is worried about SVs, but the facts on this site have helped me - you won't catch the SV, just keep washing your hands sensibly, before eating, after using the loo (I mean toilet - I don't know if you call it a loo in Canada!)

I was worried that you could somehow "inhale" the bug, but look at the microbiology questions thread - Sage told me you cant breathe it, you have to ingest it. - Being a conscious and clever emet, I'm 99.9% sure you wont!

Please don't worry if your stomach is hurting a wee bit, or you are feeling n*, unfortunately, these symptoms can all be caused by stress and anxiety too - even the d* - think about it, if your muscles are tense and nervous, your tummy (sorry, stomach!) will hurt and you might get d*. I'm sure others will agree, I get those feelings if I'm nervous and scared.

I don't think you have the SV, because if you did - 1.It would have gone away in the d* (yuk! sorry) 2. You wouldn't feel hungry again afterwards if you were really ill.

My advice would be to try and relax, be sensible and hygeinic and eat nice, calming foods that won't upset yourstomach, maybe toast and a cup of tea, or something else that is quite bland. oh, and eat little and often maybe too?

Hope that helps!

x