Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: CBT

Hi,

I had CBT when I was younger with a training thereapist for OCD. She then tried to help with my emet but wanted me to tell her how to get rid of it and kept saying I should make myself V** and we all know that doesnt help. Anyway, does anyone know where I can find information about getting a trained thereapist with experience of Emet? especially in the south of england. i've tried going through my doctors but they've never heard of it

you can try the national phobics society ...... i have used them and they are very good .....

or a site called http://babcp.org there are lots on there but they charge private ... im also seeing someone on there and find they are helping alot

Thank you. I did go to a hypnotherapist through the NPS but i only went once. She seemed to just be teaching me to relax which i guess is what it is, but i wasnt expecting that. anyway, i will look at that website for cbt, Thanks [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Jen,

I've written a little piece on a sticky post at the top of this section about finding a therapist. Maybe that will help. Also, there's an information paper there you can print out and give your therapist. It isn't necessary for them to know anything about emetophobia to successfully treat it.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.