Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bravery for me!

I haven't been here for about a week, and I have had a few brave moments I want to share!

I started using Nuvaring on Wednesday, and even though I put it in and then slept over at my fiance's house because I was tooafraid to be alone in case I felt sick, I was still proud that I tried it at all! As it turned out, I just had a really bad headache for a day and that was it for side effects.

Then on Friday night we had a surprise dinner for my roommate at her favourite restaurant, and I had a chicken quesadilla, even though someone at our table had JUST mentioned a food poisoning from chicken incident that a friend had. I took out some of the chicken because there was a lot of it and I'm only just starting to eat meat again after 7 years, but I still ate some of it!

Thanks for listening!

hey, good for you [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Question- if you havent eaten meat for 7 years, why are you starting again now? I've been a vegetarian myself for about 13 years (nothing related to emet), and always hear about others who start up again after long periods of time. It is because the reason you became a veg in the first place is emet-related?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I always thought I'd be a forever vegan, but I simply lost too much weight from emet and depression, and nothing has worked so far to gain it back, so I'm re-introducing animal products again. That's the reason! I think that a reason I didn't do this before (ie, restart meat and stuff) was emet, but that wasn't a reason for becoming vegetarian in the first place.

Hope that explains! Tell me if you have any more ?s!

And thanks for the congrats [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yep, that does it!

I actually found that when I first went veg I gained a lot of weight....probably due to not being a healthy veg at first. Took me time to realize that you can't replace meat with carbs alone.

If this is what you feel you need to do to be healthy, then good on you! Just make sure you introduce it gradually, as eating meat after having it out of your diet for a few years can be a bit of a shock.

Goodluck with everything....and have you and the man set a date for the wedding yet? (I forgot, lol)

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

August 5! Only 84 days left...not that we're counting lol

Thanks for the replies Amber

Have a good night! (or whatever time of day it is where you are! Ontario??)

You have a good night as well! (It's 12:51am here in rainy 'Ole Ottawa)

.....and more importantly, congrats on the upcoming wedding, and enjoy every minute of it!

*amber*