Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It seems that rarely a day goes by where my stomach feels normal. There always seems to be some type of problem where either it hurts, is gassy, bloated, crampy, nauseus, or some type of problem. My emet always kicks it into gear because every day i'm afraid i'm going to come down with a sv. Is there anyone else that has this problem? I HATE living this way. I just want to feel normal!

Oh yes, all the time...every single day it's one symptom or another....to be honest...i think i have created this in my head, b/c of emet and ibs....i am so worried all the time, that i do believe that i always have "something" wrong with me, it won't be so unexpected or surprising when i do get sick...that's just my opinion. But hey yeah, we all feel sick pretty much all of the time.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I thought that I was the only one!! I always feel like something is wrong with me...whether its a headache, stomache, gas, d*, tension in my neck, etc. I feel like an 80 year old at 25!! I am tired of it too...I know that all of my "aches and pains" are self-induced and due to stress which is even more frustrating for me.

Hey laurend,

yes I know exactly how you feel,there are very rare days when I will get a rest from feeling n*, Makes it hard to determin why you are,but its usually anxiety that is making us feel like this.

It is awful though, just something we have to live with but also, IBS doesnt help with the feleing either.

Sorry you are also going through this..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yep. Every feeling in my stomach puts me on edge. It's gotten to the point where just feeling full feels bad to me. I hate it. Sometimes I wish I never had to eat again.

Yup, me too. Its getting unbearable but the doc says its anxiety & depression. I need to get out more & find a hobby maybe... [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

sneezymoneky,

I get the exact same comment from my doc,but suppose its true,distraction can help

x

It's true though...i know if i am busy usually this distracts me enough to forget about what's going inside my stomach and my head. I know it's not always possible to do, but it really does help.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Quote Originally Posted by sneezymonkey
    Yup, me too. Its getting unbearable but the doc says its anxiety & depression.

Yeah, me, too... Every little stomach thing gets me going and then I sart having a panic attack...Grrr...Not cool.

I would imagine that what we are all sensitive to with our tummies (yes
    i'm a mom! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] ) is what nonemet people deal with all of the time, but
    don't perseverate on it. My husband's stomach might be making weird
    noises and he has gas, etc. When I start to freak out about it, he reminds
    me that it is all part of digestion.

But, I still hate it! I'd rather deal with ANYTHING, besides all of my
    stomach ailments that I worry about everyday!
    Julie

good i feel better knowing that i'm not the only person! i can't handle living like this. i just want to have one day where i wake up and say "hey, i feel great!" but it never happens. there's always something. and it seems like no matter what i do it won't go away. i can't determine what's real and what's my imagination taking control of me. i feel like every day is my day to come down with a sv* and it tortures me to the point where i can never relax. i'm going to a therapist (which hasn't helped me at all yet, hopefully soon) and so far she has diagnosed me with obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress syndrome, obsessive personality disorder, and seasonal anxiety disorder. i can't help but be stressed out every single day! i know a lot of this is inmy head but then there's always the question "well what if it isn't, what if it's real" and that always takes over. i feel better knowing that i'm not alone with this problem though. i just wish there was something we could all do to get rid of it!

yup, honestly, i only feel my absolute best when i'm hungry & that's only because i know my stomach is empty & if i wait too long i start feeling n* anyways. i just can't win, i don't know if there's aday i've woken up & felt 100% okay.

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

I used to feel this way too, every day I was nauseous or headachy, but honestly since I started taking Lexapro, I feel NORMAL every day. Sure, I have crappy feling days, but now it's more like once a month rather than once a day!! I know I sound like a drug pusher, but if it is really causing a problem for you guys I would suggest maybe looking into anti-anxiety meds. I know all my ill feelings were because of anxiety now.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

yea... i think it's time i start taking drugs!

I just recently weaned off of Lexapro. I kind of miss it. But I had some crappy side effects from it.

Yes. Take today for instance. Gassy, crampy, bloated, and now a fever. Not 1 day in the past 2 months has been "good" for the entire 24 hours. Most days are ok-ish, therefore I consider them to be "good", although honestly, good was how I felt years ago when I never had constant cramps or gasinness or n*. I hate the way I feel now.

I guess you could say I'm consciously aware of my stomach pretty much all the time. Sometimes this is a good thing - most of the time it isn't. I also have an eating disorder, so that further complicates my emet.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --