Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Teacher s*

Hi everyone, I only post once in a while but I have to find out your opinions on this. On Friday, my daughter had a special Mother's Day Tea in her classroom. One of the teachers told me she was just sick with the sv* on Thursday but was feeling fine on Friday. Then the other teacher left earlybecause she was feeling really bad. She was there this morning when I took my daughter to school and she said she still has a fever! She said she might be having an attack of diverticulitis(not contagious) but I find it to be quite a coincidence that she would get it right after the other teacher who she works with everyday just had a sv* I brought my daughter back home with me-I mean if she still has a fever and it is a sv* then she is soo contagious now! I don't even know why I took her back home with me because she has to go back on Wednesday and they will all probably just pass it around to her anyway, ughhhh!

That's terrible...of all people, a teacher should know that you can't go to school with a fever! Your child will be fine!

I personally know teachers who have taught with a fever because they know they can't get a sub or cannot afford (district policy) to get a sub. Certain subjects, certain schools, and certain grades are next to impossible to fill too.

I do not agree with teaching with a fever, but if the fever isn't contagious - you gotta do what you gotta do.

BTW - I have taught with a fever more than once. I knew the school would not have a sub if I didn't show, so I avoided the nurse's office and did my best in the classroom. Trust me, it was hard as hell to do - but the kids wouldn't have had a teacher otherwise and sometimes you just have to do it.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It was not just a fever though, it was stomach symptoms along with it, nausea for sure, I don't know if she actually v'd. If it was only a fever, I really wouldn't freak too much. Oh well, if she gets it, she gets it, guess I really can't do much else!

I agree with purple teacher. I am also a teacher and there have been days
    that I know that the district won't be able to get me a sub and I would be
    the source of all that is angry for teachers who would have to "cover" for
    me.

I can say that the one time this year that I went to school and started
    feeling really badly, I left and let them figure something out. It all worked
    out and I ended up being out for 5 days!

The REALLY crummy thing, too, is that it seems ok for parents to send
    their kids to school sick (because they can't find daycare, etc.) and the
    kids are VISIBLY miserable. I had one little girl last year who was walking
    down the hall to my classroom and looked awful. I felt her forehead and
    she was burning up. I asked her if she told her parents that she didn't feel
    good and she said that they told her to "tough it out". If they had even
    touched her forehead or looked at her, they would have seen that she was
    very sick.I sent her to the nurse before she even stepped foot into my
    room. Turns out that she had a 104 temp. and strep!!!!!!!

But, parents tend to get upset if the teacher misses school. I
    have had some medical prob. this year and my kids have had days that
    they have needed me to be home, and you would think that I am the
    worst teacher in the world!

Sorry to vent, but it has been a sore subject, just festering!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    Julie

Before I got off on a tangent, though, I was thinking that almost never do
    teachers pass their illnesses to the kids. The teachers usually are much
    better about hygiene than little kids are. It is almost always the other way
    around!!I'm sure that your daughter will be just fine!!!
    Julie

I have to say here that i think it is ridiculous for a teacher to come to school sick...especially with a fever....b/c you are contagious with a fever. I am not a teacher or anything, but i know i would not risk my students if i was sick. It just doens't make sense to me to do something like that if you were sick. I would be really upset if my child was school all day with a sick teacher. That's just my opinion though....
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks for your replies, I know that sometimes teachers can't just stay home because of subs and all that, but I think since she knew she was sick since Friday, she had adequate time to make arrangements.

If she didn't still have a fever , I would not be as annoyed about it, but I know that it is very contagious during the fever part and my daughter has already had her sv* in February, I can only deal with one per year at most! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] I'm sure some other kid will get it and then they will all pass it around again!

my mother always made me go to school when i was sick, because as she put it, "i don't get to take a day off, how come you should?"

i realize some kids fake being ill & it can be hard to tell but come on. teachers, i applaud your dedication & a fever isn't neccessarily catching. if you were v* i would say stay home.

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

Hey guess who wasn't there today when I dropped off my daughter at school? I'm glad I took her home early on Monday. Obviously she is quite sick.

Well, i certainly hope she hasn't passed this on to any of the other kids...and if so, I would absolutely complain about it....it's not fair to all those children.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I hope not too, so I guess time will tell. Cross your fingers for me!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]