Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Benefits

You know, there are some benefits to being emetophobic (at least for me)

1) I'm always thin

2) My kitchen/bathroom is always delightfully clean

3)I'm not interested in vacations or eating out much, saves a lot of money!

4) My kids are the cleanest around

5) I'd be a great candidate on Survivor, as I'm okay with not eating much for days

What are your benefits?

I WISH my kitchen was always clean! I must confess I am an emet slob. My dishes are immaculate...when I get around to washing them.
    I'm with you on the eating out, I will rarely do it. Saves a bundle! And my kids are pretty clean, too. I let them play outside in the dirt, but once they're in, it's tub time. And I'm always making them wash their hands. Ah, the life of an emet... [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I have no benefits I just drive people, and myself, crazy!

Darn, those don't work for me at all! I am overweight, my place is not always the cleanest by any means, and I love vacations and eating out! I don't have kids, so I don't know about that one, butI can not go long without eating, so I'd suck on Survivor, too! Oh, well, I am glad there are benefits for you, though!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Well, I am going to say the biggest benefit of being an emet is: ALL OF YOU ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meeting all of you has been the best for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My kids aren't that clean anymore....now they are 12 and 16 so they could care les about washing hands right now...both boys so go figure.....[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Mine are a little different, but I still consider them to be benefits.

Emet has kept me from binging and purging ( i am sure that by now i would have tried this lovely 'diet plan' )

Emet has kept me from ever becoming an alcoholic for sure. ( I only drink like two times a year and only have one or two )

Emet has kept me away from drug use. (especially in high school when all of my friends were on many drugs. i was the responsible driver)

Emet has started to point me in the direction of a healthier lifestyle. ( I am sure my family is less than pleased as I push my new learnings onto them as well... My daughter is not too happy with soy milk and lack of junk in the house! And I think my fiance would kill for red meat! )

\"This too shall pass\"

I can't imagine an emet going on "Survivor," because from what little I have seen of that show, barfing is mandatory.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doug -

That made me laugh! I feel the same way about Survivor. Although, one of the winners was an emet - don't remember his name - he was the soccer player. He talked about how it almost cost him the game because during the last challeng - one of the camera men v* into his hat! YUK...

Hmmm... benefits? NONE...

Mine are very similar to shiva's.

I have never been drunk, never done any drugs, never smoked or chewed tobacco. I get a buzz after 1 beer, hehe.

I catch fewer colds and such because I wash my hands and keep myself in shape and drink a big glass of orange juice every morning. I say that as I sit here at work with a scratchy throat and cough... greeeaaat.

I will never have children... I guess that's not a positive thing... it is for me though, although emet is not the only reason I don't want children.

hmmm...my kitchen & bathroomare nice & tidy...unless my roommate is home & then for some reason, the girl who assured me "she was anally clean all the time" lets the place look like a hurricane zipped through. p.s. i have to re-wash all her dishes because they are NOT CLEAN when she washes them, & i'm not just being anal, i'm talking grease film - ew!

i would have to say yes, no drinking, no drugs. personal choice, as well as part of being emet.

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

i wouldnt be the person that i am with out it