Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

GOSH!!!!! I have truly had enough!!

**GRAPHIC**

Ok, a couple of weeks ago, I had the incident that I wrote about (a kid V'd right in front of my daughter and I in a tire shop), THEN since then, I was at Best Buy and saw a guy bent over with his buddies all making fun of him, then he wiped his mouth w/a napkin (I think he V'd), then yesterday we went to Verizon to get new cell phones (the RAZR, which I do recommend:-)), and on the way back to the car, we saw IT on a curb, then today I worked in a law office, which I do once a week (and do the rest at home), and a client called in, saying he had to cancel his appointment because he has a SV*, so I am dreading the day he comes in, and a very short time after that call, one of the attorneys in the office goes into the bathroom and loudly V's, she was in there for about 1/2-hour!!!!!!! UGH!!!!! She came out of the bathroom, called her hubby to tell him she caught something, and then went to use the copier and stuff!!!!!! I had to walk through her "air", and walked by the bathroom too, and saw that she left the door open, letting all her airborne germs flow about the office!!!! I had to leave early today anyways, because my daughter had her 8th grade graduation tonight, but told the lawyer I'm contracting for that I had to leave even earlier (I HAD to get outta there!!!), and she told me that I couldn't leave unless I was on my "deathbed"!!!! Ok, for one thing, I was pi**ed because any issues with my kids ALWAYS comes first, before anyone or any job, then I was so scared because the sick atty stayed there, breathing the same air as me!! I'm supposed to go in tomorrow too, because the other part-time Paralegal is on vacation, but needless to say, I am NOT going in. No way. Do you guys think I could get S* just by breathing her air?? I did Itake an Airborne tonight. Gosh, I haven't heard of any SV's here in Arizona all winter, but now all this is happening!.. Today's incident actually had me in tears!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

No, you can't get sick from breathing her air. I can understand why you are freaked, tho. You are to be commended for sticking it out and staying. Just make sure to wash well, and take good care of yourself.
    Oh, by the way, remember that she may not have been sick with a sv. Could have been something she ate, regardless of what she said.Edited by: daffodil

Thank you Daffodil!!

I feel bad that I'm not going in tomorrow though. Well, not bad I guess, but guilty. UGH!! I just cannot get S*, and think it's unfair to bring any illness home to my daughter, ya know?

Also, the way the atty tore into me made me so mad! She basically wanted me to reschedulemy daughter'sgrad events! HELLO! I can't do that! She's really weird anyways, and has mood swings. When I tell her that a client is on the phone for her, she will look at me like I have 3 heads and have an attitude with ME because someone called HER. Today she got a package in the mail, didn't know what it was, asked me what it was (how am I supposed to know what she ordered?), then said, "open it for me". That was it. She got upset at me because she couldn't remember what SHE ordered! This is why I am in business for myself, because I don't deal well with people's attitudes, and refuse to give in to her "traumatic days". I perform a service for her, and to be honest, she's been driving me out the door with her crap, so maybe this was what I needed to stay out of that office for good!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

That atty reminds me of a vet I used to work for.I could do no right. I don't blame you for not going in tomorrow- I wouldn't. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Charlene,
    Man, the universe is testing you lately, huh? I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this so often. Your nerves must be fried by now.
    Sounds like this attorney is a piece of work!

\"This too shall pass\"

That is alot to endure in such a short period of time.....i know i would have been freaked out too....but you did good and stuck it out without freaking too bad. I hope that it's for you for a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time, and I am sure you are too. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation....that's awesome!!! I think you will be fine and not catch whatever she had...it could have been something other than a sv though. Good luck though.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

OMG! I feel soooo bad for you...but do you want to know something funny...I work at Best Buy...and I SWEAR THAT BEST BUY is a breeding ground for pukers....there is always v* somewhere, or someone crapped all over the bathroom!! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! Now, one questions, this guy at Best Buy, was he inside or outside..what time of day was it, and is there any restaurants near by?

DAFFODIL~~ Thank you for your support. Yeh, NOTHING I do for her is ever good enough!! UGH!! The thing is, I feel all dumb and everything, and keep forgetting that I am not her employee. I have my own paralegal biz, and I go to her office as an independent contractor, so I should be telling HER when I can be there or not, right?

SHIVA~~ Thank you! Yeh, she's no fun, and I really don't wanna step foot into that office again.

KATE~~ Thank you for your nice words :-)

6pk~~ I LOVE Best Buy!! The geek squad is great! Well, he V'd outside in the parking lot, mid-day, and yeh, there are a few restaurants around there.

To everyone on the graduation congrats~~~ My daughter says thank you!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I just LOVE it when people are at work and get sick in the bathroom...then continue about their day....contaminating our office environments...

This woman sounds like a real prima donna. What a yucky person. I have worked for my share of people like that. I wonder what their journey is like on the way to the pearly gates OR you know where else (LOL).

I am with you. Don't go in tomorrow.

Stella

Cali girl...I bet he was drunk! Our parking lot is connected to Fridays....and there is always v* out there...either from the food or too much drinking...I bet that is what cause that guy to v*. BUT STILL!!!

MELISSARENE~~I know, and the thing is, it's not like she HAD to stay at work because she couldn't afford it, ya know? She's an attorney! She could have left and worked from home, or just taken the day off. UGH. When I saw her at the copy machine, I knew at that point that I had to leave, I didn't wanna stay there and touch her germs!

STELLA~~Yeh, she does act like a prima-donna! She will tell me to do something, then I do it, and she'll ask, "what'd you do THAT for?!" Oh my!! The funny thing is, she's about 65 years old, stands MAYBE 4'7", and weighs approx. 230 lbs! For some reason, she still comes off as somewhat intimidating! I didn't go in today, told her I ate something bad. She was gonna fax me something to do, but never did, and I haven't heard from her. Figures!

6PK~~Yeh, that crossed my mind also. There's an ISLANDS in the center.

Well, a law firm in New York found me on the internet and wants me to freelance for them, so as to not pay high NY paralegal's wages, they want me to work for them from my home office. I hope they do use my service so I can quit my contract with this other attorney!! I'll find out next week.
    ~*~Charlene~*~