Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hello Im new ?

Hello all,

Well I was watching Jeremy Kyle this morning(sad I know)and a woman was on the show with emetaphobia, I have suffered with this from around the age of 5, I am 33 tommorow. I did not even begin to realise there was a site like this to offer help and support, and along with many assumed I was in a minority with this hateful phobia!! I tried seeing a psychotherapist many years ago but felt they didnt understand and feared I would be shown v* or someone doing it!! I couldnt stand the thought so gave up!! I hate this taking over my life and that of my family, has anyone any suggestions for me to remain more positive?? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

hey harr b,

Welcome to the site, yes we have a thread going on about that programme this morning, glad that it has brought you to us.

On the positive notes really that we are here to help and please go to the treatments threads and have a read there.
    We are all different here, having emetophobia to different digrees but are all here to help each other as much as possible.

There is treatment out there, when you are ready go to your doctor and speak about this,hopefully there will be some help around your area.

Anyway, good to have you here and take care

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello, thanks so much for the very prompt reply, I feel like a small weight has been lifted from my shoulders being able to talk about this with people who understand what I go through, would be interested in any ideas or therapies you or others have tried xx[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

wow, i missed that, i dont hink that is something that i would do personally.

Hi harry,

welcome to the site. At the top of this sectioin (Treatments) there are various "sticky posts" with all sorts of information, help, resources for your therapist, family members, etc. Let us know if we can help more after you give them a read.

All the best!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Welcome Harry.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi harry!

welcome! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!