Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Oh No! Niece s*

Today was my sons 3rd birthday. I had organised a little party for just 7 children. I was very anxious about it and almost had to cancel as I have had a virus(not stomach related) for 2 weeks which has made me feel really dizzy and weak. Yesterday I woke up covered in a rash which the doctor said was all part of the virus. Today I woke up feeling a lot better so I decided to go ahead with my sons party.

The party went very well. I managed all the organisation by myself and everything went to plan (unusual for me). Apart from my son getting his arm stuck in the chair at teatime everything went well. The only thing which was worrying me a bit was my 2 year old niece. She did not eat her tea and had a bit of a cough. My sister in law said she had been under the weather for a couple of days. They ended up leaving early as my niece got quite distressed.

I was just tidying up everywhere and thinking that I had actually done an o.k. job by myself with my sons party when I got a call to say my niece had v*d as soon as she got home. My SIL thinks it was just from a phlegmmy cough, but now I am panicking. She drank out of my daughter's cup at teatime. I really hope it was just the cough that made her v*. I only have 7 weeks until my husband comes home and I would really like my children to stay well. They have had enough already this year. I keep telling myself it was just the cough that made my niece v*, but I can't convince myself. I know I am going to lay awake all night worrying now even though I am so tired. Why did my SIL have to bring my niece when she knew she was not well? It is not the first time this has happened either. I just hope my children stay well.

Sally,

you poor thing--you can't escape the v*!! I hope it was the cough, has your niece v'ed again?

i know when my kids have alot of mucus they tend to vomit ..... i would imagine that its that not a virus !! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hmm. her child was under the weather for a few days, had a cough and brings her to a party around other children. That is pretty worrisome to me. It sounds like your neice had something else brewing and that is why she v**. Let us know how she is doing.

Stella

I'm sure it was just your niece's cough that made her v*. My two boys are like that, they get a cough, they gag and they v*. Not nice, but I can deal with it, knowing it's not an sv*. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you - you've had more than enough to deal with this year!

Hi Sally, I agree with the others here. If she's been under the weather for a few days then it's unlikely to be a sv. My daughter always throws up when she has a cough, cold or a fever etc, she really can't tolerate the mucous at all.

I know how worried you must be though, but please try and relax. Read the thread from Sage regarding the questions we all ask about stomach viruses and it should put your mind at rest. As your niece didn't actually v* in your house, nor had she v* or had d* before arriving, then a virus couldn't have spread to your children.

I am sure you will all be fine and I'm so glad you're starting to feel better - apart from this of course!

Thankyou everyone. I am still trying to convince myself it was just my nieces cough which made her s*, but she was really miserable the whole time she was here. I suppose the cough could just have been making her feel yucky. I am still worrying though. I think it is going to be one of those nights. My son has just fallen out of bed and has a massive bump on his head, so now I have something else to worry about.

Ah, poor little fella, hope he's OK. Your niece could have been feverish, that would cause her to be miserbale.

Thankyou Suze. I think my son is alright now, but he gave me a fright. Poor little boy. He is always doing something though.

I know it is unlikely that my children will catchanything from my niece, but I will still worry. I can't help it. Itis nightime again.

I am home and online for a while if you would like to meet in the chat
    room to pass some time. I have a hard time at night time, as well. Let
    me know how you are and if you need to "talk".

My son has had tons of mucous and a crummy cough for about a week.
    He coughed so hard that he v* the other day and that was it. I'm sure
    that your niece had the same problem.

Try not to worry, but I know that's often times easier said than done!
    Julie

My niece has not been very well today, but it does not look like a sv thank goodness. She has a very high temperature and has v*d several times, but I think that was from her cough(I hope!). I just have to hope my children don't catch this from her.I am so tired and ready for my husband to come home. Only 7 weeks now. I do not know why my SIL brought her to the party when she was unwell. Perhaps she did not realise how poorly my niece was. Poor little girl. Thankyou everyone for your support when I was having my irrational moment last night.

curly i wish that your niece be better soon. and dont worry i think its not SV